GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... Last Post byLast Post by

Coffee foul, 10 yard penalty.

Well, I was too busy screaming, hitting the brakes and watching it rain down Trailblazer parts ... my Trailblazer parts, to worry about my coffee.

Oh, BTW, the coffee emptied itself on the driver's floormat up near the pedals. When I hit, it must have flow forward and down and the TB now smells like a coffee show.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

Jr. Apprentice

Default Thats a piss situation

You been lucky in your bad luck! Really happy your ok trucks can be replaced health cant....Well hope you dont get a hard time with your insurance company Keep us informe.

Legend

Could have been worse. the Tb could smell like what you probably yelled.

Sorry to hear about the tb, glad to hear your fine, short of your sore neck, and back.
    Patrick
    Rhode Island

My wife and 3 year old son came to pick me up.

My boy said, "The car is broken!"

My wife said, "That's ok, we can get a new car."

My boy said, "But we can't get a new Daddy!"

Let State Farm know you may have to go see a Doctor, and you'll be stopping to see a Lawyer on the way. Not that I'm a fan of sueing, I personnaly think the court system's over used for law suits but sometimes you've got to force an issue.

I always try to see something good from every situation. I think that'll buff out, naaa maybe not.
    Hope everything turns out ok tho.

From Steve post #18 in this thread:
    ARGH! State Farm is being a PAIN! (correction: Farmers Insurance)
    Last edited by unplugged; 11-15-2007 at 08:15 AM. Reason: Clarity - The insurance company is Farmers

Main thing is that everybody is ok and the vehicles can be replaced.
    2008 Silverado_ Gone
    2006 HHR LT
    2008 Cobalt LT
    2001 Sonoma Gone
    2009 Cobalt XFE

Wow, close one!...........
    That exit from the Fry's looks busy!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Matlock Rd..JPG  
    There is no way to happiness....happiness is the way.:yipi:
    http://kx6ijq.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pcOFVNH4ix1hjyGUVyXK5LRfef7qSeWzlZDorpQhIEfkZ2ZA  _vXMYypuKMJFw671uF2ZPhjez_j-atRmcjM2zQKpQi1JSsB75/burb1.JPG
    High Desert SoCal
    93 K1500 burb (personal) 350 AT 3" Lift 250K+
    02 Honda Civic LX
    Looking for a 1990's Miata for an engine swap

sorry to hear about your ride. Hope it is repairable. how much damage?

Quote Originally Posted by unplugged View Post
    Wow, close one!...........
    That exit from the Fry's looks busy!
    The picture doesnt show that half a block north is a light with a freeway on/off ramp for I20, and major road construction at the Interstate for an addition to a mall located about a half mile north west of the Fryes. A very busy area right now that wont be getting any better.

Default Farmers Insurance Sucks!

Ok, Farmers Insurance is ticking me off big time. (Warning: prepare for Rant)

I have an "adjuster" named Michele who is "working with me". Hardly! She's trying to manufacture evidence and events that did not happen to somehow make me partially to blame. Saying things like, "maybe it's possible that you did this..." and talking about an illegal or aggressive act of driving that they're suggesting I may have possibly been doing.

I am OUTRAGED at this type of behaviour.

I simply got into a right-turn lane to prepare to turn right onto the service road to get onto I-20. I did nothing different than thousands of other cars do each day, including Police cars! This is a very long right-turn lane. The insurance company is saying that it's possible that I might have tried to "go around" cars or do something wrong to get into a position where this might be partially my fault. Hogwash!

Well, where did they get this from? None of the witnesses had even talked to them yet. The didn't have the police report! They're simply making stuff up to make it somehow not 100% on them.

MOREOVER, they knew that the other driver WAS CITED by the police for failure to yeild the right of way to me. I WASN'T CITED for doing anything, I guess Farmers Insurance thinks that they're more capable than the police/fire personnel that came to the scene of the accident, even though they weren't there. I guess the police don't know how to question a witness or take a statement. Looks like that one got by them, huh?

It just chaps my hide. They won't even pay for a rental car for me yet!!! The accident is still "under investigation" as far as they are concerned.

Meanwhile, my neck/back are hurting, so I went to the Doctor last night and got some meds and some advice on taking care of myself and the pain & inflamation.

I'm not out to get anyone, but a guy going to work to provide for his family is taken out of action for a couple of days when someone pulls out in front of him and this insurance company is playing games in a very dishonest way.

SHAME ON YOU FARMERS INSURANCE!
    Last edited by ChevyFan; 11-14-2007 at 02:19 PM.