GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Dealing with insurance companies can be very upsetting . I was involved in a wreck 3 1/2 years ago , rearended . Allstate is the offending company , still have not settled . They offered me a settlement , not enough to cover orthopedtic bill muck less any of the other bills . I was passenger in a roll back wrecker with ALL strobe lights flashing and the other driver did not see us , but she has admitted fault and still no settlement and wrecker is still totaled and setting unusable . After all this time and my lawyer insulting me I changed lawyers and now have a court date in a couple of months and new lawyer is asking for MUCH more money than first . Wish me luck .

Jr. Apprentice

Congrats on the bun in the oven. Sorry to hear about the 02 TB, but they stamp them out every day and a new one isn't a bad thing. I'll be watching this thread with much interest as I also have Farmers. I used to have Geico and had great claim service with them, I went with the lowest bidder and this may not have been a great decision. I'll make that determination when we hear your outcome.

I work at a collision shop in Michigan. A large majority of the vehicles are insured by Farmers/State Farm. They are by far the worst adjusters to deal with. They get out of stuff like crazy even if it compromises safety. They push for aftermarket parts. We then order the aftermarket parts AND the OEM parts. We then have to call the adjuster back out to prove to them the difference between the aftermarket and OEM. They couldnt care less about the customer. All state farm adjusters are slimebag crooks. On the other hand the best company in my opinion is Auto-Owners. They seem to be more for the customer and willing to make things right. Good Luck with your Claim. Dont let them push you around. You have rights that most people have no clue about. If possible take it to a private shop, find out who they work for, you or the insurance company. Good Luck.

Blog Entries

Glad you are ok, thats the most important thing going. I know different insurance companies have different rules which is a shame, the whole no fault law is a big pain thats for sure. When your TB gets looked at in the shop, There will be additional damage, when I hit a Doe with my 2006 Colorodo there was some frame damage that was found after the front end was taken apart. Good luck and I hope you continue to feel better!

Just... WOW!

Thanks for sharing the info.
    I'm in the beginning stages of kicking State Farm to the curb.
    Nothing major. Just a bunch of minor things they did to piss me off.
    It'll be a huge loss for them, too. 4 (and counting) cars and homeowners coverage, among other things.
    The only claim I've had in at least 25 years was for towing the Fiero about 60 miles home when the alternator died.
    The claim was for $250 and they refused to cover any more than $150. Bastages.
    In any event, now I know who NOT to go with.

Good luck with yours.
    One thing you need to be aware of...
    They'll eventually offer you a settlement. It will probably come with a stipulation (sometimes printed right on the back of the settlement check) that by cashing the check, you will relinquish any and all future claims regarding this particular incident.
    If you've got a lawyer, find out how you can get around this stipulation. Sometimes, injuries take a while to manifest themselves. Don't sign away any rights you may have.
    Last edited by Raydar; 12-02-2007 at 07:18 PM.
    Raydar

2005 Silverado 1500 LS Crew
    2004 Trailblazer LT
    2009 Dodge Challenger R/T
    1988 Pontiac Fiero V8

Thanks for all the advice folks. I'll take any been-there-done-that advice I can get.

Also, I like my insurance company. It's Response Insurance (www.response.com) and again, they aren't paying me a dime. I've been with them a year, they are very cheap (1/2 of what I was paying allstate) and they give great service. I've had two window claims and now this and they're great to work with.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    Follow Us Please: facebook.com/gmtruckclub | twitter.com/gmtruckclub
    Support GMTC: Help the site, contribute today

I too have dealt with Farmers in the past and would not deal with them again. Same goes with AIG. Have had Progressive for a while and while no accidents, no issues whatsoever.

ACLU? Fat chance they would help anyone from Texas driving a Chevy.

State Insurance departments (or Insurance Commissioners in some states) or Attorney Generals are usually looking out for the little guy. You also always have the Better Business Bureau to contact.
    Last edited by djlndc; 12-02-2007 at 08:54 PM.

Default I feel your pain.

Afew years ago I had a single car accident, it took two months for GEICO to deem it a total loss, in the mean time it almost destroyed my marriage. I can say with absolute clairity that it doesn't matter which insurance company it is and reading your experience with your collision was almost a case of deja vous. my advice to you is to do all of your homework, if they give you a value for your vehicle based off of a similar vehicle make sure it is within a reasonable distance to your home( 0-50 miles but no more than 50 miles ). make sure that after they give you the name of the dealership and the dealership vehicle stock number that you call the dealership to make sure the vehicle exists, also find your own comparable vehicles from print ads and internet pages that show source, price, and stock number. go to edmunds.com, kellybluebook.com, and nada.com to get the resale value for your vehicle according to the experts. they may say that they do no honor or accept those sources of value until they want to use it to thier advantage and then they profess it to be what they consider the say all end all. I don't want to alarm you, but it will be a long tough road ahead of you and if you haven't realized it yet you soon will, Insurance companies don't care about you one bit, they only care about paying you as little as they can and getting away with it. I certainly wish you the best of luck and if you have a friend that is in the insurance industry and can advise you during the process, use them to thier highest potential. at the end of the day you need to always remember that when dealing with an insurance company you need to look out for number one(you), because the insurance company is always looking out for thier number one(them).

Bernard

I should know tomorrow what they think of the damage to the TB. I've been through this before, I need to send over my demands list. I did some light fender-bender once and 1 year later the steering box went out. Coincidence?

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    Follow Us Please: facebook.com/gmtruckclub | twitter.com/gmtruckclub
    Support GMTC: Help the site, contribute today

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast