GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Rolled 200k today!

Hey guys so my baby has survived so far to 200k as of today on my commute home from work! So what should I be worried about? lol

2000 Silverado LT Ext Cab SB 4.8l 2WD
    -4" Body Lift-33" Definity Dakota A/T tires-Flowmaster Super 44 Exhaust dumped straight down after muffler-

Shouldn't be worried about a freakin thing I'm about to roll 239k. But for real, wheel bearings if you haven't already changed them, different steering components and some electrical fits. I just got over a shorted out courtesy light system somehow.

If at first you don't succeed, chances are, you are using too small of a cheater bar

Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 Vortec | Spectre Cold Air Intake | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tails | Denali headlights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/75/16 Mastercraft Courser A/T | "Ghetto" painted tailgate | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Dual Thrush Turbo Mufflers
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Oil/Trans Fluid cooler | Re-done exhaust | Paint | Interior Restoration/upgrade with newer model stuff | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations | And whatever is spurr of the moment
    US Navy Sailor :sign0011:

Suspension bushings. It is time if they have not been changed.
    1994 Chevy K2500 Silverado, 454 (modified), original owner.
    And other vehicles and toys.

"...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
    And treat those two imposters just the same;
    ...you'll be a Man, my son!" Rudyard Kipling

well I already just recently within 2k miles replaced the steering rack. Wheel bearings, good call, been starting to feel a slight vibration in my rear end too. Only other thing im severely worried about is the tranny starting to slip here and there... money tight right now ( just like everyone else lol, recently married and just got into a house so im sure most of you can relate.). Should I worry about flushing fluids or am i asking for trouble at this point by doing that? I've owned the truck since 140k and I havnt done it yet and lord knows if it was done before me. I check all my fluids religiously and nothing is burnt or any metal debris( shocker)...

2000 Silverado LT Ext Cab SB 4.8l 2WD
    -4" Body Lift-33" Definity Dakota A/T tires-Flowmaster Super 44 Exhaust dumped straight down after muffler-

Quote Originally Posted by chilax View Post
    well I already just recently within 2k miles replaced the steering rack. Wheel bearings, good call, been starting to feel a slight vibration in my rear end too. Only other thing im severely worried about is the tranny starting to slip here and there... money tight right now ( just like everyone else lol, recently married and just got into a house so im sure most of you can relate.). Should I worry about flushing fluids or am i asking for trouble at this point by doing that? I've owned the truck since 140k and I havnt done it yet and lord knows if it was done before me. I check all my fluids religiously and nothing is burnt or any metal debris( shocker)...
    I imagine the transmission fluid is pretty nasty and burnt being over 60k miles old.