GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What happened to chat?

I was MIA for a while just curious as to what happened to the chat feature?

If at first you don't succeed, chances are, you are using too small of a cheater bar

Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 Vortec | Spectre Cold Air Intake | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tails | Denali headlights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/75/16 Mastercraft Courser A/T | "Ghetto" painted tailgate | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Dual Thrush Turbo Mufflers
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Oil/Trans Fluid cooler | Re-done exhaust | Paint | Interior Restoration/upgrade with newer model stuff | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations | And whatever is spurr of the moment
    US Navy Sailor :sign0011:

Filthy little hackers broke it.

I'd like to shoot them....why do tards have to hack everything? Is that like a sexual thrill for some geek who cain't get laid or something?

If at first you don't succeed, chances are, you are using too small of a cheater bar

Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 Vortec | Spectre Cold Air Intake | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tails | Denali headlights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/75/16 Mastercraft Courser A/T | "Ghetto" painted tailgate | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Dual Thrush Turbo Mufflers
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Oil/Trans Fluid cooler | Re-done exhaust | Paint | Interior Restoration/upgrade with newer model stuff | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations | And whatever is spurr of the moment
    US Navy Sailor :sign0011:

It was taken down temporarily while Steve puts the old system back into place.
    Christopher

1991 Chevy Suburban 1/2 ton 2WD w/ chevy SBC 350-3/4 ton drivetrain upgrade w/4.10 gears 200K miles
    2005 Saturn ION-2 Stock 265K miles
    1982 Bronco, 1993 Bronco (sold), 1971 M35A2 Deuce and a Half

There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary, and those who dont...

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down- Adam Savage

I wonder if the chat plugin was actually the cause or if Steve is simply searching for something better while he goes through this exercise. I get the sense the cause is unknown but that Steve was never completely happy with that plugin... and that while he's at it he might as well find a replacement. Just a suspicion...

I figured out what the hackers did and how they did it and we are putting steps into place to keep it from happening again.

We should do a poll on here, what do people like, the current chat system or the old chat system?

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    Follow Us Please: facebook.com/gmtruckclub | twitter.com/gmtruckclub
    Support GMTC: Help the site, contribute today

On the new chat system I liked the popout feature, the ability to colour text, the ability to start private chat rooms, and the ability to have individual chats (on the bar ... without starting a separate chat room). I think it hands-down trumped the old chat system except for one thing -- it has a session timeout of some sort that comes into place if you use the chat in pop-out mode and you do not refresh your browser for some time. When it times out you have to refresh a GMTC window to make chat work again ... and you lose the displayed chat history when you do it.

I think the default chat room is now as empty as it is because the new system doesn't dump people into the default room, anymore.

X2 on what surreal said that time out drives me up the ******* wall now if we can keep the knew one and all the cool featurs and get rid of the time out then it would be heaven

Fabtech/Banks Ram Air |Fuel Off Road/ 315/70/17 duratracs |Hyper tech / Spencershids |
    Color Matched Bowtie |15% Tint on Front Windows|20% Tint on Back Windows

Chevy Ridin' High
    "Black rims are as cool as a boner at a swim meet"

Master Mechanic

3rd that!

---------- Post added at 10:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by rileyjr16 View Post
    I'd like to shoot them....why do tards have to hack everything? Is that like a sexual thrill for some geek who cain't get laid or something?
    Haha...I think it is a sense of accomplishment for them. Almost like they solved the puzzle. I think they do it just to see if they can do it.

Why does a person climb a mountain? Why do Chevy truck owners run through the puddle , rather than around it? . Does a tree make a sound when falling if there is no one there to hear it? Chicken crossing the road?
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 ext cab.4x4
    72 Monte Carlo 350-415 hp- sold (June 2011) to pay medical bills
    79 Impala 350 4bbl 375 hp- sold (June 2011)to pay medical bills
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

"If He asks you to go a mile go two"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast