GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Freakin A/C belt

Well left to go get food a while ago and on my way back home I noticed the A/C wasn't blowing cold so I pulled over to check it out because I was sure the A/C belt came off. Not only did it come off, it broke in half, got under the big belt and popped that off the pulleys. Thank God I know alot of Gonzales Police officers with great light holding skills . Got the big belt back on after a few minutes but the A/C belt will have to wait till 7:30 tomorrow morning when Orielly's or Auto Zone opens up. Might buy some clear LED bulbs to put in the under dash lights and dome light tomorrow too. Might replace the tensioner for the A/C belt too since it squeaks a little when you first start it.

---------- Post added at 01:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 AM ----------

Can I just replace the pulley wheel or do I have to replace the entire assembly?

If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger cheater bar.

Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 "Vortec" | Spectre "Cold Air Intake" | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tail Lights | Denali headlights | Grill Mounted Fog Lights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/70/16 Futura Scramblers | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Flowmaster Super 40 mufflers 2N1O | Mostly stock-ish
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Transmission Fluid cooler | Paint (Halfway there)| Interior Restoration/Upgrade with newer model parts | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations (68% Done) | And whatever is spurr of the moment
    CVN-69 "IKE-ATRAZ" AIR/V-2 Gear Dawgs

Don't know if you can just replace the wheel ,if high miles would replace entire assembly. There are videos on U Tube for belt tensioner replacement that may help, have fun!
    2012 4.8 LS

God is great, beer is good and people (WOMEN) are Crazy

pretty sure you can only replace the whole thing, common issue on these motors. its easy to change though

Mud Truck
    1984 Chevy K5 Blazer
    -454 Edelbrock V8
    -33" BFG Mud Tires

Daily Driver
    2006 Chevy Silverado K1500 LT Z71 - 5.3 V8
    -Bull Bar
    -Step Bars
    -Flowmaster 40 with dual tailpipes
    -Smoked Tails

Thought I'd get to it this morning but today is one of those days where everyone wants me to do stuff for them. I also have to change the whole assembly on my buddy Fowler's truck since his started squeaking too.