GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lighter fuse ?

Jr. Engineer

Default Lighter fuse ?

guys,
    is there a separate fuse for the cigarette lighter on my 1990 k-1500 4x4 ?
    i dont seem to see one, and everything is working except the lighter...
    thanks in advance.

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Is the Horn working?
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Jr. Engineer

yes, i do believe so, but will check the horn when it stops raining here... thanks

Blog Entries

The fuse will be marked CTSY in your fuse panel. You may also want to check the plug on the back of the lighter to make sure that it is still securely connected.
    2005 Chevy Silverado W/T
    4X4|4.8 with some mods (has only slightly more pull than a 5.3)|Auto|4 door ex cab|Cooper Discoverer AT/3's in 285-75/17's on Helo 842's|Cooper Discover M+S 265-75/17's on Devino DV349's|Flowmaster 40 Single in Dual out with custom bent pipe from the end of the cats back|2" Procomp leveling kit|Custom made center console|Custom dyno tunes|Air Raid CAI|Air Raid Throttle Body Spacer|Apex brand topper|Kenwood Head Unit with Kenwood speakers|Painted mirrors/grille|Debadged except front emblem|Bilsteins front and rear
    Planned mods not in order
    2 inch lift|Custom front/rear bumper|hitch tire carrier|roof basket on topper, bars on cab|finish center console build|install Midland CB|Power options|Tint|Custom made raised bed in the bed of the truck|Lund LunarVisor
    Also have a 1992 Ford Ranger with a lot of stuff done to it. Currently waiting for a bit of a rebuild.

"The only woman I'm pimping from now on is Sweet Lady Propane. And I'm tricking her out all over this town."

Jr. Engineer

ok guys, i checked all fuses including ctsy and all are good. there is a 5 amp fuse on the lower right side marked CRK, and there is no power going to either side of it when the fuse is removed, either with or without the key on. what is that fuse for, and should there be power to it ? i would think so since there is a fuse there .
    also, there are two silver ( power supplies) ? marked 30a 12v, and on the fuse block its marked "power". what are those for ?
    i did notice that my entire fuse block seems to be loose, is there a way to tighten it ? i didnt see any type of screws to do that.

so, im assuming the lighter socket is bad ? i guess i will call autozone and see if they have one ? and how on earth do i gain access to replace that ? does the ash tray come out somehow ?
    thanks for any help with this guys.

Sr. Engineer

Is your check engine light working? Does it come on when key turned then go out?
    If so cig lighter is bad works off same fuse. If light works pull fuses till light goes out will be your cig. fuse.
    http://www.ehow.com/how_7433898_remo...-c_k-1500.html
    Check crank/crk fuse when key turned to on. Truck will not start if it is bad.
    RESIDENT NUT.....MY CLAIM TO FAME .....

Jr. Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by dipstick View Post
    Is your check engine light working? Does it come on when key turned then go out?
    If so cig lighter is bad works off same fuse. If light works pull fuses till light goes out will be your cig. fuse.
    www.ehow.com/how_7433898_remove-1990-chevy-c_k-1500.html
    Check crank/crk fuse when key turned to on. Truck will not start if it is bad.

thanks, i will check this when i get int he truck to hear off for work....

Blog Entries

The CRK fuse is the "Crank" fuse which sends power to your starter from the ignition.
    2005 Chevy Silverado W/T
    4X4|4.8 with some mods (has only slightly more pull than a 5.3)|Auto|4 door ex cab|Cooper Discoverer AT/3's in 285-75/17's on Helo 842's|Cooper Discover M+S 265-75/17's on Devino DV349's|Flowmaster 40 Single in Dual out with custom bent pipe from the end of the cats back|2" Procomp leveling kit|Custom made center console|Custom dyno tunes|Air Raid CAI|Air Raid Throttle Body Spacer|Apex brand topper|Kenwood Head Unit with Kenwood speakers|Painted mirrors/grille|Debadged except front emblem|Bilsteins front and rear
    Planned mods not in order
    2 inch lift|Custom front/rear bumper|hitch tire carrier|roof basket on topper, bars on cab|finish center console build|install Midland CB|Power options|Tint|Custom made raised bed in the bed of the truck|Lund LunarVisor
    Also have a 1992 Ford Ranger with a lot of stuff done to it. Currently waiting for a bit of a rebuild.

"The only woman I'm pimping from now on is Sweet Lady Propane. And I'm tricking her out all over this town."

Jr. Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmeh View Post
    The CRK fuse is the "Crank" fuse which sends power to your starter from the ignition.

im assuming that the CRK crank fuse will only show power when i am turning the key when starting the truck ? because it does not show any power at any other time....

and when i do turn the key to start the truck, the "check engine soon" light does light up for a second.... but no other fuse is bad, so i have pulled the lighter socket out of the ash tray and one night after work will get a new from from autozone and try that.
    i will let you knwo if that does it,
    thanks

Sr. Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmeh View Post
    I,am thinking fuel pump will not run.
    RESIDENT NUT.....MY CLAIM TO FAME .....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast