GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Sharing pics and specifics on my 92 Sierra spring detail...

It's been a long winter and I've finally had a weekend to give my 92 Sierra a spring detail. Figured I'd share the specifics and photos here for anyone who's interested. I'm not a professional detailer...just a hobbyist and fanatic for a clean ride but if anyone has any questions, let me know. I'd be more than happy to explain my methods of cleaning/detailing and hopefully help some of you out who may want some tips.

She got my usual spring work-over...claybarred, Poorboy's SSR1 over all, Poorboy's Black Hole, a coat of Poorboy's EX-P, and then topped with Natty's Blue. Hoping to give her another coat or two of Natty's this week. I clean the tires/wheels with soap/water only...no harsh chemicals. The tires get Poorboy's Bold-N-Bright for a nice satin-like finish. As for the glass...I use Stoners after wiping them down with a crumpled newspaper. Interior...just a thorough vacuum with my RIDGID WD4070 to get out all of the dirt and debris.

Anyway, here are the pics from my detail. No 'before' shots, but she was mostly just a bit swirled from quickie, not-so-careful winter washings to keep the salt and crud off of her.

Hope you all like the pics and again...any questions about my detailing process, let me know and I'll gladly answer them.

That looks really nice and thanks for the pics. That's a really clean truck, especially considering it's age. You've done a great job maintaining it.

To Be Completed (Eventually):
    6" BDS Suspension lift | KingShocks Front and Rear Coil Overs | 4.56 Gears | 35" A/Ts (TBD) | Cervinis 07-12 Silverado Ram Air Hood | Fab Fours Front Winch Bumper (CS07-H2051-1) | Fab Fours Full Size Rear Bumper (CS07-W1850-1) | RX-2 Series Main Grille (Black) | Line-x Bed and wheel wells | Skid Plates | Rizor Automated Tonneau Cover | Custom Bed Insert | RBP RX-3 Series Nerf Bars | Kenwood Excelon DNX9990HD | JL Audio Stealthbox (2x500RMS) | JL Audio HD 1200/1 Class D Mono Amp | JL Audio C5-653 Components (Front) | JL Audio C5-650 Components (Rear) | JL Audio Slash v2 300/4v2 Class A/B Amp