GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... Last Post byLast Post by
    Master Mechanic
    Blog Entries

hmmm read all the posts here and All i can say is Mystic is my seat cover in the Dirty dog,,, so even if i tried not to post a picClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0197.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	78.6 KB 
ID:	38171 of her i couldn't do it lol.... she owns the truck i just pay the bills.......

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Dog View Post
    hmmm read all the posts here and All i can say is Mystic is my seat cover in the Dirty dog,,, so even if i tried not to post a picClick image for larger version. 

ID:	38171 of her i couldn't do it lol.... she owns the truck i just pay the bills.......
    What a great picture, Mystic looks so proud posing in front of her truck.

2002 Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab SportSide: See Mods in My Garage

This thread is going to look funny in a bit with all the clean up on the first 10 posts.

Anyhow, were looking forward to getting a dog once we get a new place with some land. Maybe later this year.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

Quote Originally Posted by GMCErica View Post
    Okay Guys
    Lets not argue about this... If people want to post pics of their FUR BABIES in this thread, then they should. If you don't want to post or don't have nice to say, then please just don't post... We encourage everyone to post in the forum, and the Coffee Shop is for any "shop-talk" of any kind. Lets just have fun and get along... I have two FUR BABIES and one FEATHERED child.. I will post pics later.. Thanks everyone
    No one said anything that wasn't nice. Certain people DID read things into text that wasn't actually written there. I'm still curious why people post pictures of their pets and this is a good place to get an answer. Heck, on places like match.com I rule out any woman I see who has a pic of her dog on her profile just because it's a dating site and I'm not looking to date her dog. I've never understood why women post pics of their pets, there. I don't understand why people would do it, here.

I'm genuinely curious and truly don't 'get' it. Bear in mind that I, myself, am a pet owner, too...

Can anyone explain this? The fact that you CAN (i.e. this being a talk about anything section of the forums) doesn't explain why you would. So why do you?
    Last edited by SurrealOne; 04-22-2012 at 07:41 PM.

Who are you, Plato or somebody? why do burgers and fries go together so well? They just do. Why do dogs and trucks go together so well? It's part of the North American spirit.

Master Mechanic
    Blog Entries

Surreal..... buddy no need to defend yourself here,,, we got nothing but respect for you.... well I do any ways,,, i think your a hell of a nice poster here in this forum... and all I can say is .....all i got now is my trucks and my dog,,, and its great that i can share that with someone, anyone, anywhere......and if you don't agree or understand i will only respect this, as you said ...to each their own,,,, I hope we have not offended you in any way,, as that was never anyones intention... and not wanting to sound like a remake of an old country tune,,,,, i just love trucks and dogs mud and slugging through this world we call freedom.....
    Peace out
    Dirty Dog / Mystic.......

I love the way Mystic fits with your truck. Big dog, big truck. Perfect match!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    This thread is going to look funny in a bit with all the clean up on the first 10 posts.

Anyhow, were looking forward to getting a dog once we get a new place with some land. Maybe later this year.
    Any idea on a flavor? Big dog, small dog?

2010 OEM 20" Wheels
    Color-matched mirror covers and emblem
    20% tinted windows - 6" eyebrow
    Black rear fender-wells
    Completely debadged and demolded
    Duramax airbox replacement w/ K&N filter
    2" Rear drop shackle
    Tailgate light bar
    Flowmaster Delta 50 w/ double tip exits
    Blue footwell lighting
    12" Pioneer Sub (custom downfire box) 850W amp
    Full LED interior

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Who are you, Plato or somebody? why do burgers and fries go together so well? They just do. Why do dogs and trucks go together so well? It's part of the North American spirit.
    I'm not Plato, but I do like to try to understand things that I don't understand. Perhaps I have Plato's curiosity?

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 PM ----------

Surreal..... buddy no need to defend yourself here,,, we got nothing but respect for you.... well I do any ways,,, i think your a hell of a nice poster here in this forum... and all I can say is .....all i got now is my trucks and my dog,,, and its great that i can share that with someone, anyone, anywhere......and if you don't agree or understand i will only respect this, as you said ...to each their own,,,, I hope we have not offended you in any way,, as that was never anyones intention... and not wanting to sound like a remake of an old country tune,,,,, i just love trucks and dogs mud and slugging through this world we call freedom.....
    Peace out
    Dirty Dog / Mystic.......
    I'm not offended at all and I'm absolutely ok with people posting pics of their pets despite the assumptions some folks have made, today. I've never felt compelled to post pics of my pet and don't get why people do it, so I've chosen to try to understand it. Since this thread is full of people who do it, it's a logical place to make inquiries ... and the inquiries are on topic, even.

I know that I personally draw inspiration from pics of others' trucks -- they give me ideas for my own truck and help me decide what I like and don't like. (It's especially helpful if they have mod lists to go with them, too.) The same is true for guns, for example ... or basically anything someone might modify. But are pics of pets going to help someone breed one better? How does a pic convey training? Is it perhaps like pics of your wife/kids on your desk or in your wallet? If so isn't that for you, not others? Is it about showing off the animal out of pride? I truly don't know ... it's lost on me. What's the motivation?

My cat Mystic. She is too sexy for her fur and owns the place. My dog Cobalt who I had to get rid of because I just wasn't around to take care of him. I do get to see him on a regular basis though.

Sometimes the best part of my job is that my chair swivels.

My oldest boy wants a Schnauzer, that would be a good dog for what we have now. Maybe sometime this summer we'll start looking for one.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... Last Post byLast Post by