GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Legend
    Blog Entries

Default Check out this article!! Alt energy fuels

Hey everyone,

Check out this article I found!! Kinda interesting... Let me know what you all think....

http://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/mik...162200651.html
    Last edited by GMCErica; 04-22-2012 at 06:19 PM.

2008 GMC ENVOY SLT
    GT RACERS Black Diamond Grille
    | PIAA Headlights| BEAMERS Pro HID Kit 6,000K Diamond White |
    3" LiftMeister Body Lift Kit
    |Skyjacker Suspension| MagnaFlow Exhaust w/tip |Hella Supertone Horns| Blacked out Body

"Silly Boys! Lifted Trucks are for Girls"
    "If you can't beat 'em, then your going to slow" :sign0081:

I actually posted something a few days ago about them offering AGAIN natural gas for fuel due to the abundance of it they are finding in the marcelus shale.. A lot of controversy on the way they are extracting it but I like it. Ive worked with natural gas for the past 13 years and actually use to drill gas wells in the mid-90's. I see it as "Job Security"

2011 Silverado CrewCab 5.3L*Ram Air Look Cowl Induction Reflexxion Hood*6" Pro Comp Lift*Flowmaster Dual exhaust*Perfect Launch Rear Diff. Cover*Led Smoke Taillights*L.E.D.Smoke 3rd Brakelight*60" L.E.D. Tailgate Bar*Rearview Mirror Reverse Camera and Sensors*Smoke Headlight Covers*Front Bumper Grill Insert*Deezee Black Alum. Diamond Rail covers*20" Ultra Motorsports Rims wrapped with 35.5"B.F. Goodrich Tires*Inchannel Raingaurds*CAI*Bullydog GT Tuner*Alpine Amp*Boss 6x9's*Boston Acoustic Subs*Terrantula Tweeters*Custom Sub box*Red Led Interior Accents*5% Ultimacool duo tint rear window and doors, 20% front doors*Custom Vinyl Graphics*Demolded*Debadged*Painted drums and calipers*
    Future Mods Include: Custom Interior Hydrographics, Electronic Rollup Toneau Cover, 4.56 Gears, Painted rear bumper

Seems like a good move in the right direction to me but it seems a little pricy. Maybe like everything else once they begin to be mass produced the price will come down for that option.

2002 Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab SportSide: See Mods in My Garage

I just can't believe that it costs $11,000 more for the option. That's close to $50,000 for an LTZ if you get the upgrade...I think if they were serious about people getting this bi-fuel Silverado, they would make it a little more affordable. Not to mention, there's not many CNG stations around.

2008 Ext. Cab Silverado LT1 5.3L 2WD
    APC LED Tail Lights | Spec D Smoked Third LED Brake Light | aFe Magnum Force Stage 2 CAI

Yeah $11000 is quite pricey. It goes back to the other thread about your return on investment surreal started..I think if they want it to take off theyre going to have to do something making it worth the consumers while. And also create more cng stations to fill up. I know of 2 of them here in Buffalo but I hardly ever see anyone using them. Our local gas company had many cng vehicles but have since weaned them out. Not sure why but they may start bringing them back if cost warrants it.

2011 Silverado CrewCab 5.3L*Ram Air Look Cowl Induction Reflexxion Hood*6" Pro Comp Lift*Flowmaster Dual exhaust*Perfect Launch Rear Diff. Cover*Led Smoke Taillights*L.E.D.Smoke 3rd Brakelight*60" L.E.D. Tailgate Bar*Rearview Mirror Reverse Camera and Sensors*Smoke Headlight Covers*Front Bumper Grill Insert*Deezee Black Alum. Diamond Rail covers*20" Ultra Motorsports Rims wrapped with 35.5"B.F. Goodrich Tires*Inchannel Raingaurds*CAI*Bullydog GT Tuner*Alpine Amp*Boss 6x9's*Boston Acoustic Subs*Terrantula Tweeters*Custom Sub box*Red Led Interior Accents*5% Ultimacool duo tint rear window and doors, 20% front doors*Custom Vinyl Graphics*Demolded*Debadged*Painted drums and calipers*
    Future Mods Include: Custom Interior Hydrographics, Electronic Rollup Toneau Cover, 4.56 Gears, Painted rear bumper

Very interesting and yes it is a move in the right direction but as usual nothing good comes without a hefty price tag! Although I guess there is also the one about getting what you pay for too....and this is something worth looking into at the very least.
    Hello everybody! Isn't it a wonderful day?:party:

You can buy a LOT of gasoline for $11,000.00! Awesome concept but it would NEVER pay for itself in real world driving!
    "It went together didn't it? Well then there has to be a way to take it apart!" - Me.

Check out my image gallery HERE.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good." ~Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)

Jr. Mechanic

As everyone else said, $11,000 is pretty rediculous. Regardless of CNG stations, I'm pretty sure you could fill up from the main line running into your house. You would have to put a regulator and valve on, but how awesome would it be never having to go to a gas station again! Unless you need a pack of smokes or a can of course haha.
    2010 Red Silverado Crew Cab Z71 LT
    Blacked Out
    15% Tint all around
    22" KMC Slide Series Black Chrome Rims
    305/45/22R Nitto Dune Grappler Tires
    ReadyLift Leveling Kit
    K&N CAI
    IPCW Black Halo Projector LED Headlights
    IPCW Black Third brake Light
    IPCW Black LED Taillights
    Street Scene Front Bumper Valance
    Street Scene Black Chrome Grille
    Black Bowties
    Magnaflow Dual Exhaust
    Alpine Touchscreen Headunit
    4 Kicker RS Componet Speakers
    Kicker 12" L7 subwoofer w/ Kicker ZX1500.1 Amplifier

Federal subsidies would be required to get the price point down low enough for it to spread rapidly and gain consumer acceptance. That won't happen; Big Oil's lobbying money and interests will make sure it doesn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by lquattro04 View Post
    Unless you need a pack of smokes or a can of course haha.
    I suppose I am lucky. I work from home, so no commute and therefore, no gas. My truck is mostly a "pleasurecraft"... I don't even have to go buy smokes anymore! I switched to electronic cigs and now make my own liquid for them. I can make liquid in any of over 300 flavors and have enough product to last me for YEARS! My smoking habit went from a pack a day and about $150.00 per month to about $6.00 per month... and I like it MUCH better! WOOHOO!

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealOne View Post
    Federal subsidies would be required to get the price point down low enough for it to spread rapidly and gain consumer acceptance. That won't happen; Big Oil's lobbying money and interests will make sure it doesn't happen.
    Yyyyyep!
    "It went together didn't it? Well then there has to be a way to take it apart!" - Me.

Check out my image gallery HERE.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good." ~Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast