GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Hybrid View

Default Getting pulled over by the Police!!!!!! Share your story..

Got pulled over the other night in the phantom. Was coming home from painting my new hood over at a buddies house around midnight and saw a cruiser coming up behind me fast. In an instant he shut his headlights off then back on with his gumballs.. Officer walks up to my door and says "good evening" I said "whats so good about it" He said well I dont know we will see... He then said that my taillights were not working and asked for my license and registration.. I gave that to him and he told me to sit tight.. In 5 minutes he came back and said well they seem kind of dim but as we came up to you they were not working at all.. I then asked if I can exit my vehicle and look at them and he said sure but were going to let you go you just might want to have them looked at.. well then I went back and looked at them and they were fine. I told him well thats the way they are(theyre aftermarket led smoke lights but are dot legal) and he then said, "well theyre working now but they werent earlier. Have a good night sir" and they left. The only thing I thought about afterwards was I wonder what him and his partner thought about my Chucky doll seatbelted in the backseat. LOL They were just fishing my taillights are fine but gave them an excuse to yank me over.. Damn I hate that...

2011 Silverado CrewCab 5.3L*Ram Air Look Cowl Induction Reflexxion Hood*6" Pro Comp Lift*Flowmaster Dual exhaust*Perfect Launch Rear Diff. Cover*Led Smoke Taillights*L.E.D.Smoke 3rd Brakelight*60" L.E.D. Tailgate Bar*Rearview Mirror Reverse Camera and Sensors*Smoke Headlight Covers*Front Bumper Grill Insert*Deezee Black Alum. Diamond Rail covers*20" Ultra Motorsports Rims wrapped with 35.5"B.F. Goodrich Tires*Inchannel Raingaurds*CAI*Bullydog GT Tuner*Alpine Amp*Boss 6x9's*Boston Acoustic Subs*Terrantula Tweeters*Custom Sub box*Red Led Interior Accents*5% Ultimacool duo tint rear window and doors, 20% front doors*Custom Vinyl Graphics*Demolded*Debadged*Painted drums and calipers*
    Future Mods Include: Custom Interior Hydrographics, Electronic Rollup Toneau Cover, 4.56 Gears, Painted rear bumper

Legend
    Blog Entries

Well, I am sorry that you got pulled over, but the Officers were just doing there job. Since your new to this site, you probably haven't read all the other posts and threads like this. We don't want people bashing Law Enforcement/Emergency Service/Military etc on this site. I am an Officer, and have been in the law enforcement commnity for over 10 years, and have been a member on GMTC for over a year now. I will definitely post a comment about anyone's story/complaint etc. as most other law enforcement members will do. I have worked my way in the law enforcement community, worked hard doing the community officer thing, the animal thing, the drug thing and now I am an On Road Srgt. I have very strong opinions about members complaining about getting pulled over, Officer Conduct and the complaining that they have done nothing wrong, their vehicle is within the law, whining about they didn't know the law, and complaining about law enforcement. They become heated discussions and sometimes get out of hand. We do not encourage negative posts about law enforcement members on this site. Members like to complain Officer conduct and getting pulled over etc.. We all like to hear stories about people getting pulled over and what they went through, but we don't encourage posts that may turn negative, offend other people or turn into an argument.
    Sorry again that you got pulled over, hopefully that is the one and only time..

2008 GMC ENVOY SLT
    GT RACERS Black Diamond Grille
    | PIAA Headlights| BEAMERS Pro HID Kit 6,000K Diamond White |
    3" LiftMeister Body Lift Kit
    |Skyjacker Suspension| MagnaFlow Exhaust w/tip |Hella Supertone Horns| Blacked out Body

"Silly Boys! Lifted Trucks are for Girls"
    "If you can't beat 'em, then your going to slow" :sign0081:

Sorry gmc if I started a bad thread, I wasnt trying to disrespect or create negative content by the post. I do realize that there would be officers on here but we as the driving community have to interact with the law and do have stories to tell that has to do with our trucks.. I can understand you defending the officers just doing their job and Im sure that leaves a lot open to interpretation. Again sorry if I sounded negative but if I was them officers, I probably would have pulled me over too..... Just to check out my truck...lol

Master Mechanic
    Blog Entries

hmmm ... "there they go the boys in the bright white sports car shining their lights in the air,,, who do they think they are...and where did they get that car"........ snickers.thats a trooper song.. yep they liked your truck bud.... and it was twelve am in the morning.... with nothing better to do.... if i was a copper i would have pulled you over too... just to check out that ride you are sporting,,, and make sure you weren't Drink driven..... No worries mate they just doing their best.....

Legend
    Blog Entries

No need to be sorry Phantom, I have been on this site for a long time now, and have seen 100's of threads on members with their "pulled over by an Officer story", it leads it open to people being disrespectful and rude, complaining and whining about the conduct of Officers and bashing the emergency service workers. We love to hear stories about why people got pulled over, sometimes it helps when an law enforcement member posts in the thread to help dissect what happened, or post their knowledge and other members can comment.. I was just saying that posting it as "share your story" leaves it open for negative comments and bashing... To be honest, no one can really comment on your story, cause none of use were there to experience what you felt, saw and experienced. Hope it wasn't a bad experience, some of us are actually out there for the right reasons, and after a decade of working in the field, still love our jobs..

After a weekend off had forgotten to get a new log book , my luck was pulled over by a DOT Officer for inspection . You usually have to give then your license, med card, truck registration,insurance and check your log book, After a few minutes called me to the car said he was going to shut me down for 10 hrs for not havig a log book . As he was talking a call came to respond to an accident , said he didn't have time to come around to make sure didn't leave ( I would have) . Wrote me a warning and told me to get a log book somewhere, He could have given me a ticket which would have very expensive. I have seen drivers fined$1,200 to $1,700 for log book violations, bought four books the first chance I got
    Last edited by jnbama; 04-23-2012 at 08:24 PM.

2012 Silverado

Quote Originally Posted by GMCErica View Post
    Well, I am sorry that you got pulled over, but the Officers were just doing there job. Since your new to this site, you probably haven't read all the other posts and threads like this. We don't want people bashing Law Enforcement/Emergency Service/Military etc on this site. I am an Officer, and have been in the law enforcement commnity for over 10 years, and have been a member on GMTC for over a year now. I will definitely post a comment about anyone's story/complaint etc. as most other law enforcement members will do. I have worked my way in the law enforcement community, worked hard doing the community officer thing, the animal thing, the drug thing and now I am an On Road Srgt. I have very strong opinions about members complaining about getting pulled over, Officer Conduct and the complaining that they have done nothing wrong, their vehicle is within the law, whining about they didn't know the law, and complaining about law enforcement. They become heated discussions and sometimes get out of hand. We do not encourage negative posts about law enforcement members on this site. Members like to complain Officer conduct and getting pulled over etc.. We all like to hear stories about people getting pulled over and what they went through, but we don't encourage posts that may turn negative, offend other people or turn into an argument.
    Sorry again that you got pulled over, hopefully that is the one and only time..

Read more: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/showthread.php/89221-Getting-pulled-over-by-the-Police!!!!!!-Share-your-story#ixzz1tUuxJTHM

Read more: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/showthread.php/89221-Getting-pulled-over-by-the-Police!!!!!!-Share-your-story#ixzz1tUuxJTHM

"I have very strong opinions about members complaining about getting pulled over,"

Lets be honest young lady you have very strong opinions about many things. it is your pet peeve on the pulled over and mistreated law enforcement issue.
    Your strong opinions on a variety of subjects are what we love about you. So don't change.

2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 ext cab.4x4
    72 Monte Carlo 350-415 hp- sold (June 2011) to pay medical bills
    79 Impala 350 4bbl 375 hp- sold (June 2011)to pay medical bills
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

"If He asks you to go a mile go two"

Legend
    Blog Entries

[QUOTE=Coach24;464436]

"I have very strong opinions about members complaining about getting pulled over,"

Lets be honest young lady you have very strong opinions about many things. it is your pet peeve on the pulled over and mistreated law enforcement issue.
    Your strong opinions on a variety of subjects are what we love about you. So don't change.

[/QUOTE
    Awwww... your so sweet.. you don't want me to pull you over... LOL Thanks for the nice compliment... I think it is the uniform that you like...

[QUOTE=GMCErica;464796]
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach24 View Post

[/QUOTE
    Awwww... your so sweet.. you don't want me to pull you over... LOL Thanks for the nice compliment... I think it is the uniform that you like...

You can pull me over and cuff me anytime you wish. No it is not the uniform as with a book, one cannot judge by the cover but must go deeper to find the real story heart and soul, Your beauty extends beyond superficial uniforms that hide the true interior wonders you have been blessed with. Don't change a thing, except your underwear on occasion.

Recently there has been a lot of highway construction near me, they are widening the freeway. I jumped on the freeway one morning at 8:45am to go to work like usual. I merged on and got in to the fast lane and was just cruising along, then I notice a Highway Patrol car parked on the side of the freeway. I pass him, then I see him fly on to the road so I check my speed, I was going 65mph. In the construction zone the speed limit was 55mph, so I thought he was going to get me for speeding.

I merged over, and he flys right up on me and turns on that dreaded red light, so I pull off the freeway and stop. He walks up to my car and tells me "the reason I pulled you over this morning is for driving in the carpool lane. I immediately was like WHAT THE HELL, then I realized it. Overnight they had opened a 3rd lane and made it a carpool lane....

I was shocked, there had never been a carpool lane there ever since the freeway was opened like 60 years ago or something. I was so used to seeing all the signs for construction and so used to it being how its been forever that I didn't even notice. I ended up getting a $381 fine plus $100 in admin fees, for a total of $481... I would have rather gotten a speeding ticket, it would have saved me $250. The freeway was also empty of cars and the carpool lane was only in effect another 12 minutes that morning...

I was laughing with him through the whole thing though, and he even thanked me for not being a dick and shook my hand after. I still felt like I got tricked and robbed by the state but they weren't the ones driving my car. It was an expensive ass lesson to learn though.
    Last edited by elittle; 04-27-2012 at 08:47 PM.