GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Fuel pump on the 8100 vortec again...

So I have heard that the 8100 vortec had some fuel pump issues and my truck's problems point to needing a new fuel pump. So I will be needing a new fuel pump. My question is should I order another on from GM or is there a better aftermarket company I should go with?

---------- Post added at 09:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 PM ----------

Here is a link to another post of mine where I show you the spark plugs after just 6months of use.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/showthread.php/87871-Bad-Fuel-Pump-on-the-8-1-Vortec#axzz1sp4xFzKM
    02 Silverado 2500hd|496ci bigblock|Botch fuel pump replacement|True dual Magnaflows|UV-10 Jensen head unit|All four speaker Kickers|Kicker tweeters|10in Kicker sub|250watt Kicker Amp|Volant Cold Airintake|PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer|33in Nitto Trail Grapplers|8000k Hid Halo Lights

I would go with any trusted aftermarket pump over a stock one from gm. It'll save you a ton of money and like you said they had problems with these stock pumps. I just replaced mine this winter. Just one tip I learned is when you get a new pump make sure it comes with a new wiring harness/connector because the stock ones have been known to have caused problems as well!

2006 Duramax LBZ
    Edge Evo
    4'' Diamond eye to 6'' tip
    16'' ion alloy, 33'' fierce attitudes
    Lots of work left to do!

^^THAT! I went with 2 GM ones when mine went out and wound up having the 2 GM ones go out 2 weeks apart from each other. My brother ordered an aftermarket pump (can't remember the name) and as well as a connector. Has been fine ever since.

---------- Post added at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

This was in late late 2010 I think

If at first you don't succeed, chances are, you are using too small of a cheater bar

Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 Vortec | Spectre Cold Air Intake | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tails | Denali headlights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/75/16 Mastercraft Courser A/T | "Ghetto" painted tailgate | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Dual Thrush Turbo Mufflers
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Oil/Trans Fluid cooler | Re-done exhaust | Paint | Interior Restoration/upgrade with newer model stuff | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations | And whatever is spurr of the moment
    US Navy Sailor :sign0011:

Quote Originally Posted by ntbush83 View Post
    I would go with any trusted aftermarket pump over a stock one from gm. It'll save you a ton of money and like you said they had problems with these stock pumps. I just replaced mine this winter. Just one tip I learned is when you get a new pump make sure it comes with a new wiring harness/connector because the stock ones have been known to have caused problems as well!
    What company did you go with?

---------- Post added at 09:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 AM ----------

Thanks guys for helping me out on the issuse I found out what I was looking for.
    02 Silverado 2500hd|496ci bigblock|Botch fuel pump replacement|True dual Magnaflows|UV-10 Jensen head unit|All four speaker Kickers|Kicker tweeters|10in Kicker sub|250watt Kicker Amp|Volant Cold Airintake|PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer|33in Nitto Trail Grapplers|8000k Hid Halo Lights

I went with a napa fuel pump. I have never had a problem with napa brand products.

2006 Duramax LBZ
    Edge Evo
    4'' Diamond eye to 6'' tip
    16'' ion alloy, 33'' fierce attitudes
    Lots of work left to do!