GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 Last Post byLast Post by
    Sr. Mechanic

Ok-so your not asking him then? You just said you don't where I get my info. SO- Why don't you ask your service manager at your local dealership and provide us with what he said. See above for question.

ive asked them along time ago bud back when i had my old cobalt and they will say the same thing everytime i ask them. Gm has got to prove that the reason something went wrong on your truck its in what ever act they got. My truck just got back from doing warranty work i had 2 ball joints gone a wheel bearing and hub gone and my transmission lines where blown all of it was under warranty.

Fabtech/Banks Ram Air |Fuel Off Road/ 315/70/17 duratracs |Hyper tech / Spencershids |
    Color Matched Bowtie |15% Tint on Front Windows|20% Tint on Back Windows

Chevy Ridin' High
    "Black rims are as cool as a boner at a swim meet"

Sr. Mechanic

Obviously, the work you had done is not related to motor/transmission operation. You blow a piston, burn a valve, or have ANY INTERNAL transmission issue-your powertrain warranty will be useless with a tune. I want to remind everyone-NO MANUFACTURER OF A TUNE WILL STATE it does not leave a footprint even if you change it back to factory tune before taking it in.

Then in a questionable denial of claim, try going up against the WHOLE TEAM of Gm's Lawyers. One better have limitless resources.

In addition, if you feel manufacturers don't deny claims "because they can" spend time over on the Ford Forums and see how Ford is denying seemingly legitimate warranty work on their lousy diesel motors.
    Last edited by CKNSLS; 04-28-2012 at 03:13 PM.

ok so explane to me when i lost my engine in my cobalt SS and they warranty it since they did the work when they did my stage 3 you cant all tunes leaves a foot print and it all depends on the dealer that the truck is getting work done to it.but whats the point of tell use if we cared so much about it all of our trucks would be stock until the warrnty ran outand ford might be doing it for there lousy power strokes thats fine but my f-150 dont need a programmer at the moment since i can remove my top speed by the truck it self. but when i do start the upgrading in the f-150 ill have a custom tune on that truck aswell including a twin turbo casue warranty still dont mean **** to me.

So....tuner is the only way to turn it off? My wife has an '11 and she wants it off too.
    2011 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LT 5.3 2wd

Jr. Mechanic

My Silverado has the V4 mode and it has always been seamless when going from 4 to 8 cylinder and back. Although for the small amount of time it spends in V4 mode I think it's more a gimmick than a actual gas saver. JMHO

Quote Originally Posted by builderweave View Post
    So....tuner is the only way to turn it off? My wife has an '11 and she wants it off too.
    Yes but some people say gm can do it which i never experince since i asked them when i first bought mine in 08 and they told me they couldn't. Now becareful caus eonly certain tunes will turn it off. I know any custom tune like black bear wait4me and wheatly can do it if you ask them and someone said superchip do I know hyperetech dont turn it off since i got one but im getting rid of it down to road for a custom tune myself.

Sr. Mechanic

You may have a special relationship with your dealer. However, all it takes is ONE DEALER to enter it in to their (GMs) NATIONAL COMPUTER NETWORK and your toast.

Interesting posts....I just bought an 09 SIlverado and did not even know it had the v8-v4 mode until I was playing with the DIC display. I played with it a few times, and it did not seem to go into v4 mode much at all...I really have no issues with it when driving.

On the other hand, my son buys cars for a dealership and I often go with him to bring them back after purchase. Yesterday, I drove an 07 Impala SS with the 5.3...super car. Anyway, we drove about 140 miles on the hiway, it is spent about 60% of the time in v4 mode and got 27+ mpg....the AFM seems to work swell for these cars. I am not so sure how much it helps the heavy trucks....I have yet to see 18 mpg hiway with the Silverado.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    2011 GMC Sierra HD 2500
    6.0L, Extended Cab, 4x4, 3.73
    2013 Flagstaff "V" Lite, 30', 7300#

Jr. Apprentice

I did a performance program with superchips programmer, but my mpg did drop from 13 to 10. This is also with a Vmax 6.0L. Power increase with this motor is incredible tho.