GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Hybrid View

Sr. Apprentice

Default Can't Stand V4 Mode!!!!

I can not stand my truck switching back and forth from V8 to V4 anymore. Is there any way the dealer can disable this stupid feature or am I going to have to buy a programmer to get rid of it? I need help because it really bothers me how much it switches back and forth.

Thanks everyone!
    2011 Chevrolet Silverado LT Z71

Drive in tow mode!

But as for being able to turn it off I'm not sure. I drive a truck a lot with the 4 cylinder shutoff and i agree its annoying when you want to try and pass someone and there is that huge delay! Hopefully someone else has knowledge on this

2006 Duramax LBZ
    Edge Evo
    4'' Diamond eye to 6'' tip
    16'' ion alloy, 33'' fierce attitudes
    Lots of work left to do!

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

I turned it off with my Superships programer.. Best thing I ever did.. MPG's did not move much so well worth doing it..
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Sr. Mechanic

Around town use your manual mode in the 5th setting and it will never come on. No need to spend any money on aftermarket tunes that will indeed void your warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by mrbrown88 View Post
    I can not stand my truck switching back and forth from V8 to V4 anymore. Is there any way the dealer can disable this stupid feature or am I going to have to buy a programmer to get rid of it? I need help because it really bothers me how much it switches back and forth.

Thanks everyone!
    Your best bet if to get a custom tune i know black bear can remove the v4 mode or like enkie said get the superchip which i never knew they could do

Quote Originally Posted by CKNSLS View Post
    No need to spend any money on aftermarket tunes that will indeed void your warranty.
    Ok i dont know where this guy is getting his info to but i never had a problem with a custom tunr or programmer on my silverado , Cobalt ss or our 2500hd work truck

Fabtech/Banks Ram Air |Fuel Off Road/ 315/70/17 duratracs |Hyper tech / Spencershids |
    Color Matched Bowtie |15% Tint on Front Windows|20% Tint on Back Windows

Chevy Ridin' High
    "Black rims are as cool as a boner at a swim meet"

Sr. Mechanic

Go ask your friendly neighborhood Chevrolet dealer the following question- Mr. Service Manager, I have an aftermarket tune, does it void my warranty?

Se what he says and please report your findings.....here.

Legend

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CKNSLS View Post
    Around town use your manual mode in the 5th setting and it will never come on. No need to spend any money on aftermarket tunes that will indeed void your warranty.

Can you explain this process a little bit better? Turning off the AFM is a question that comes up frequently here and this is one option that may be appealing to those who do not want to purchase a programmer.

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

Sr. Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by mrbrown88 View Post

Thanks everyone!
    My dealer up here in Canada has a programer that does not void the warranty but it cost $550.00 plus tax. It only shuts down the V8 to V4 mode.

I've gone into the dealership in many different cars in trucks that were still covered under warranty and I don't think I single one of them was stock. Maybe we buy enough vehicles from our dealer that they love use or as long as what's wrong has nothing to do with the aftermarket parts so they still fix it. But back goths topic, I don't have the 6 speed but I've never had an issue with v4 mode. I took my tune off probably 8 months ago to sell it for something new. I've yet to figure out if it's custom or diablo intune
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

Jr. Apprentice

I did a performance program with superchips programmer, but my mpg did drop from 13 to 10. This is also with a Vmax 6.0L. Power increase with this motor is incredible tho.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by