GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Master Mechanic

Im sorry CKNSLS, there are companies that do claim that their programs do not leave footprints. One company that I know is wait4meperformance. Im just putting it out there so there's no reason to be hostile.
    Objects in mirror are losing

2003 Chevy Silverado Z71, 5.3L, K&N 57 series, 2.5'' Flowmaster Super 10 series dual exhaust , Corvette Servo, McNew Automotive Dyno tune, SS gauge cluster, Extang Trifecta Tonneau, Pacesetter shorty headers, Goodmark cowl hood, Sony Xplod speakers, Kenwood DDX-470 exhaust tips, 16" Ultra Badlands polished wheels, Pirelli Scorpion ATR .

I have a Diablo Tuner. Does away with the 4 cyl mode, shift points can be adjusted, speedo calibrated, injector trims adjusted, 3 settings to choose from instead of being stuck with one tune. Reads codes thru the OBD port and can be removed easily with no trace of ever being on the truck. They run around $350. I have to take mine off before going to dealer sat for oil consumption issues. Oh yeah.......when you install it......Its married to your truck tho!

Sr. Mechanic

Kyle - is it on their website? If it is I don't see it. Just curious. Not being hostile.

Legend

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CKNSLS View Post
    Around town use your manual mode in the 5th setting and it will never come on. No need to spend any money on aftermarket tunes that will indeed void your warranty.

Can you explain this process a little bit better? Turning off the AFM is a question that comes up frequently here and this is one option that may be appealing to those who do not want to purchase a programmer.

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

Sr. Apprentice

---------- Post added at 11:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mfleetwood View Post
    Can you explain this process a little bit better? Turning off the AFM is a question that comes up frequently here and this is one option that may be appealing to those who do not want to purchase a programmer.
    Quite simple actually. Just place the shift selector to M and before taking off push the up arrows on the gear selector 4 times until the dash readout reaches 5. Then just drive it like a 5 speed up to around 65-70. She'll never go into 4 cylinder mode and will upshift and downshift automatically through 5 gears. Unless of course you push the up button one more time into the 6 readout postion or run it in auto select.

Legend

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by O'Brien View Post

---------- Post added at 11:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 PM ----------

Quite simple actually. Just place the shift selector to M and before taking off push the up arrows on the gear selector 4 times until the dash readout reaches 5. Then just drive it like a 5 speed up to around 65-70. She'll never go into 4 cylinder mode and will upshift and downshift automatically through 5 gears. Unless of course you push the up button one more time into the 6 readout postion or run it in auto select.

Thanks for the additional info! It will be helpful when people search for AFM topics.

Sr. Mechanic

There are quite a few complaints on the V8to V-4 mode. But as stated it's as simple as using manual setting #5. I do this around town in mine. When mine comes on it is seamless and I have achieved 20mpg in 4 cylinder mode on the highway from So. Cal to Salt Lake City on three separate occasions. And once from So. Cal to Sedona, AZ same miles-per-gallon. I bought this truck because of this feature among other things.

the little bit ive driven my truck so far, V8 to V4 is almost seamless, at times it lags a touch, but for the most part its been fine.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Legend

Blog Entries

There are quite a few complaints on the V8to V-4 mode. But as stated it's as simple as using manual setting #5. I do this around town in mine. When mine comes on it is seamless and I have achieved 20mpg in 4 cylinder mode on the highway from So. Cal to Salt Lake City on three separate occasions. And once from So. Cal to Sedona, AZ same miles-per-gallon. I bought this truck because of this feature among other things.

Thanks for the additional insight! Lots of opinions on the AFM, that's for sure.

Master Mechanic

Kyle - is it on their website? If it is I don't see it. Just curious. Not being hostile.
    Its on their company page, right side, under got a new truck. Hope this helps http://wait4meperformance.com/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123