GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LED lights

Default LED lights

I want to replace all the incandescent bulbs in my truck with LEDs. This goes for the interior under dash lights, door markers, dome light, and map lights. Wanting MAP lights to be pure white on one side and red for map reading on the other. As per everything else, I'd like it to be pure white as well. Obviously I want something that will not only last, but be bright so I can see what I'm doing. I know @SurrealOne told me a good brand but for the life of me I cannot remember. The LEDs from the local Auto Zone, Oreilly's and Advance Auto Parts are no where near the brightness I'm looking for. Might also look into LEDs for the tail lights and cargo lamp. Any good brands you guys would recommend?

If at first you don't succeed, chances are, you are using too small of a cheater bar

Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 Vortec | Spectre Cold Air Intake | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tails | Denali headlights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/75/16 Mastercraft Courser A/T | "Ghetto" painted tailgate | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Dual Thrush Turbo Mufflers
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Oil/Trans Fluid cooler | Re-done exhaust | Paint | Interior Restoration/upgrade with newer model stuff | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations | And whatever is spurr of the moment
    US Navy Sailor :sign0011:

I'm pretty Biased, but RECON has some pretty good interior lighting kits. Theirs are only for the map lights though, not sure where to go to replace the others. RECON also has a whole line of LED cab lights, and tail lights. They even have individual LED bulbs if you just want to replace the incandescent bulbs. Have to warn you that RECON is also pricey, but if you ever need to talk with their customer service reps, you won't be disappointed! I have some photo's in my "Current Project" album of the LED's I installed in the cab if you're interested. Good luck on your search, and happy modding!

2010 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE Extended Cab Z71 4X4 5.3L Flex Fuel
    MagnaFlow single in duel out system
    Volant CAI & Ram Air Scoop with Power Core Filter
    Rhino Tuff Grip Spray in Bed liner
    Undercover Classic Tonneau
    Trail FX Bug "deflector"
    AVS Window Deflectors
    Black Powder Coated Nerf Bars
    RECON L.E.D. Interior, 3rd Cab light, Projector headlights, and Taillights
    ATX Crawl Wheels wrapped in BFGoodrich Rugged Terrain tires
    CalTrend Neoprene seat covers
    2" leveling kit from Max Trac
    Diablo Trinity with Diablew Tune

I done my entire truck inside and out with V-LEDs LEDs and I am very pleased. They are very bright, good quality, good selection, good service, great colors but they are a little pricey. http://www.v-leds.com/ The best thing I can say about them is I have not had a single LED burn out in almost 3 years. Also the shipping is cheap and quick. If you have any other questions just ask. Also, if you are going to get auxiliary DRLs or something like that go with the Recons. Good luck man.

2002 Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab SportSide: See Mods in My Garage

Not sure about going with LEDs for the tail lights and or flashers but I just got some 194 wedge types in for my overhead map lights. Have them installed just waiting on nightfall to see how they look. Ordered a cool white and a red bulb. White for general purpose, red for map reading or reading anything at night. First appearances are promising on brightness. Plan on ordering more cool whites for the under dash courtesy lamps.

If at first you don't succeed, chances are, you are using too small of a cheater bar

Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 Vortec | Spectre Cold Air Intake | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tails | Denali headlights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/75/16 Mastercraft Courser A/T | "Ghetto" painted tailgate | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Dual Thrush Turbo Mufflers
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Oil/Trans Fluid cooler | Re-done exhaust | Paint | Interior Restoration/upgrade with newer model stuff | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations | And whatever is spurr of the moment

Master Mechanic

Recommend iJDMToy.com or SuperBrightLEDs.com

Been using iJDMToy for a few years now and no issues and my BF has gone through the SuperBright for a few custom jobs. When he ordered some single White LEDs he noticed there were slight variations in the white color between diff. bulbs. Other than that he had no issues and they have decent specs of their products if you're looking to do a one-off job.

good luck and show us some pics after

Quote Originally Posted by AMac View Post
    Recommend iJDMToy.com or SuperBrightLEDs.com

Been using iJDMToy for a few years now and no issues and my BF has gone through the SuperBright for a few custom jobs. When he ordered some single White LEDs he noticed there were slight variations in the white color between diff. bulbs. Other than that he had no issues and they have decent specs of their products if you're looking to do a one-off job.

good luck and show us some pics after
    I ordered from superbrightleds.com. I'm going to my brother's tonight to eat supper so I'll see about getting a picture. Ordered a planning on getting 2 more and maybe a cool white dome light.

Current:
    Future:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	securedownload5.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	27.9 KB 
ID:	38437Click image for larger version. 

Name:	securedownload6.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	37.7 KB 
ID:	38438

There ya go @AMac. Probably not the best picture but the one clear LED lights up the whole cab.

Current:
    Future:

Master Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by rileyjr16 View Post

There ya go @AMac. Probably not the best picture but the one clear LED lights up the whole cab.
    Yeah, when taking a picture of the dome lights at night, the pic doesn't usually do them justice. Are you happy with the amount of brightness??

For the white yes though I feel the red should be a tad bit brighter but I can still see. The one clear puts out more light than 2 two bulbs at the same time

Current:
    Future:

Oh jeeze everyone orders expensive stuff. Just go to ebay and buy some cheapies they work.
    www.youtube.com/ippielb
    2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 z71 1985 Chevrolet Silverado k10 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500hd 6.6l LLY Duramax
    6.5" BDS Suspension Lift Edelbrock Carb & Polished Intake Manifold & Valve Covers NAPC Race Transmission & NAPC Built Transfer Case
    EFI Live Comp Cam and Valvetrain Snow Performance Methanol Injection
    35" Toyo Open Country Mud Terrain on 18" Ion Alloy 179's Headman Long Tube Headers and True Dual Exhaust FASS 150gph Titanium Series Pump
    AirAid Cold Air Intake with K&N Dry Filter & AirAid PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer 2" Suspension Lift 33x12.50r15 Tires EFI Live & AFE Stage 2 Intake
    Pacesetter Long Tube Headers with Cats Gone True Dual Exhaust FlowPro 3.73 Gears Yukon Grizzly Locker with Mag-Hytec Cover & Traction Bars
    NGK Iridium Tips & MSD Ignition Plug Wires Baja Spare Tire Holder 33x13.5 Hankook rt03 18" XD Rims
    Innovate LC-1 Wideband o2 Sensor x2 HID's all around LED taillights and 3rd brake light
    BDS Dual Steering Stabilizers Pioneer Double-DIN Touchscreen Navigation with Two 10" Subs under rear seat
    Electric Fan Autometer Pressure, Boost, and Pyro Gauges
    4.56 Gears Airlift Air Bag Suspension

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast