GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Hybrid View

Blog Entries

Default project so far (2000 chevy silverado)

here is a quick view of what i have been working on. i have upgraded the charging system with a DC Power 300SPX (300+ Amps at 1800rpm, 220+ amps at idle), many feet of 1/0 high strand power wire from alternator to battery positive, battery to ground, and engine to ground. The alternator-battery charge wire is fused with a 250 amp fuse. when the new amp gets here i will upgrade to a 300 amp fuse. A yellowtop battery and 2 stinger volt meters (on the right hooked up to amplifier, left to alternator). in the near future i will be adding 2-3 kinetic d3100 batteries to power a DC Audio 5.0k amplifier (5000 watts rms) pushing 2 15" ascendant audio mayhems. then an aftermarket security system (i am very open to suggestions by the way). at the moment i just have 2 kicker 12" subs and a hifonics brutus 1100 watt amp. voltage drop is 0.2 at full tilt trying to cook the voice coils. not bad at all for just 1 battery! anyways. there she is. and please pardon the mess. i have been working on her and will get better pics and video when she is done.

EDIT: title change
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bla 2451.jpg   bla 2452.jpg   bla 2453.jpg   bla 2454.jpg   bla 2455.jpg  

bla 2456.jpg   bla 2457.jpg  

Nice truck, you have been busy for sure. Can't wait to see the finished product. Good work.

2002 Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab SportSide: See Mods in My Garage

Blog Entries

thank you! i will be starting a blog this week including pics and hopefully video if i can get it to work. and this thing finally came in. prototype DC audio 5.0k. 5000 watts of pure rms goodness. but for now i cannot use it
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 001.jpg  

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

I wanna be able to hear it up here in NJ!!!!!!!
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Enkeiavalanche View Post
    I wanna be able to hear it up here in NJ!!!!!!!
    i wish i could! but i will have video of it when it's all hooked up. im having a feeling there will be some flexing issues lol