GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
    Jr. Apprentice

Default 92 k1500 350 tbi

Hey everyone I have a 92 k1500 350 tbi it runs fine down the road. However when at a stand still it acts like it wants to die when you stand in the throttle it also does this when you stand on it while driving. have done a complete tune up minus the fuel filter. When i adjusted the timing I noticed it looked like one of the injectors was not spraying fuel as well as the other. Thank you for any advice or direction with this issue because it is keeping us out of the mud...

You adjusted the timing... Did you disconnect the computer control wire before adjusting it? First things first, you have a weak injector. that will make it run bad. get that taken care of. Then, it is a good idea to change the filter. I would be willing to bet a nickel that the injector will fix 'ya.
    "It went together didn't it? Well then there has to be a way to take it apart!" - Me.

Check out my image gallery HERE.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good." ~Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)

Sr. Apprentice

I agree. Bad injectors can cause a lot of problems. If the difference in pattern is that noticable at idle it is time for a major cleaning.

Bill Johnson over at http://www.mrinjector.us ultrasonically cleans, tests and rebuilds your injectors using an ASNU flowbench machine, provides you with a flow report and resistance test for your injectors -- for $16.00 each. He also includes the metering gaskets and injector o-rings. He's got this running thing of throwing in a few Jolly Rancher candies with every order. Really nice guy to deal with. Works fast, and typically has a 1 day turn-around time.

I have no association with Mr.Injector other than using his service to clean various injectors for me. For a full cleaning and rebuild of any working injector.. its a hard price to beat.
    My lug nuts require more torque than your Honda makes.

Jr. Apprentice

Replaced fuel filter and had to readjust the timing runs great up until the speedo started bouncing...

try disconnecting both battery cables, then touching the cables together.
    this will dischage all voltage capasiters and clear the computer's memory.

my speedo with also bounce once in a while, i think its from being abrupt with electical dissconnections & reconnections without dosconnecting the battery first.

also, you should throttle body clean out the intake with a spray, seafoam, or fuel addative (or everything) to ensure no gum build up, now that you just installed a new fuel filter too.
    it always seems to run happy after doing that.

Jr. Apprentice

Thank you did the sea foam trick truck just loves it. i will let try the the battery cables today.