GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Rotted transmission lines, help with P/N's

I'm due to change out the transmission lines on my 2001 1500 silverado ext. cab 5.3 L and I have no idea how many lines I have to buy and what the part numbers are.
    Can anyone help me figure out what the correct replacement transmission line(s) are?

Thanks
    Matt

Sr. Engineer
    RESIDENT NUT.....MY CLAIM TO FAME .....

Word of warning from my mistakes. In the shop i had a trailblazer that needed to rear sectoin of lines bc they rot due to a heat wrap. What i didnt notice is the male push connect flare was about 1/4 in longer than the old lines and would not properly connect eventhough it felt tight. 2 days later it came back covered in tranny fluid with a pissed off owner. Couldnt just replace 1 section but had to replace all 4. Now i dont know if its like this on all models but now i know to carefully compare the parts especially aftermarket and OEM. The lines were from the dealer and gad the same part number so never assume it will work.

---------- Post added at 09:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 PM ----------

Also matt im in akron so if you need and parts like tail lights, wheel and tire set, etc let me kno and ill try to see if i can help you out.

Quote Originally Posted by shibby2oo8 View Post
    Word of warning from my mistakes. In the shop i had a trailblazer that needed to rear sectoin of lines bc they rot due to a heat wrap. What i didnt notice is the male push connect flare was about 1/4 in longer than the old lines and would not properly connect eventhough it felt tight. 2 days later it came back covered in tranny fluid with a pissed off owner. Couldnt just replace 1 section but had to replace all 4. Now i dont know if its like this on all models but now i know to carefully compare the parts especially aftermarket and OEM. The lines were from the dealer and gad the same part number so never assume it will work.

---------- Post added at 09:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 PM ----------

Also matt im in akron so if you need and parts like tail lights, wheel and tire set, etc let me kno and ill try to see if i can help you out.

Thanks for the info guys...I ordered some fittings and both lines from the link above. I will compare them before I remove the old lines. Thanks for the heads up.