GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default I'm looking for a loud exhaust!

I'm not very knowledgable when it comes to the exhaust. All I can really say is that I want it to be loud. I don't have a lot of money to spend on it so I'm really just looking at a new muffler.. Probably end up doing a full exhaust set up at some point, but as for now.. I literally got in the truck the other day started it up, got sidetracked and tried to crank it again because I didn't remember it was on and couldn't hear it! That was the point when I told myself that I couldn't go any longer wih the stock exhaust. Btw it's a single cab 4.8l. I'm looking for some suggestions. Maybe flowmaster 40's or a glasspack?

Thanks

flowmaster 40 is a great sound. if u want to go really loud flowmaster has a single chamber race muffler that is very loud but there is a limit on the decebles ur exhaust can be check with ur local inspection spot

Yeah.. I live in rural Oklahoma. Not to many places or people around here are concerned with inspections. Lol I used to drive an 89' Silverado with a glasspack on it and a cop actually pulled me over to tell me how much he liked my exhaust! Lol

Blog Entries

back in gatesville (small country place) everyone got glasspacks, then went to the carwash and revved their engine for 5 minutes and shot cold water on the glasspack and.... BOOM! glasspack is not glasspack anymore! those trucks were rediculously loud. almost like nascar kind of loud.
    THE LIST:
    -custom paint low profile bed cover
    -DC Power 300SPX alternator
    -K&N intake
    -1/0 stinger power and ground wire for BIG 3
    -Optima Yellowtop battery
    -2 stinger volt meters
    -kenwood HU
    -Hifonics brutus elite 1100 watt amp
    -2 12" kicker cvr subwoofers
    -No back seat!
    Audio Nut and proud of it!

If you want loud, I don't think you could go wrong with the flowmaster 40 or their single chamber mentioned above. My dilema in selection is that I just want that old chevy rumble you hear in the V8s from the 60s. Some exhausts have the rumble I want, but quieter than I'd like and others are just too loud for my tastes. I don't live in a rural area though, so I'd definitely get the wrong attention if I went too loud.

To Be Completed (Eventually):
    6" BDS Suspension lift | KingShocks Front and Rear Coil Overs | 4.56 Gears | 35" A/Ts (TBD) | Cervinis 07-12 Silverado Ram Air Hood | Fab Fours Front Winch Bumper (CS07-H2051-1) | Fab Fours Full Size Rear Bumper (CS07-W1850-1) | RX-2 Series Main Grille (Black) | Line-x Bed and wheel wells | Skid Plates | Rizor Automated Tonneau Cover | Custom Bed Insert | RBP RX-3 Series Nerf Bars | Kenwood Excelon DNX9990HD | JL Audio Stealthbox (2x500RMS) | JL Audio HD 1200/1 Class D Mono Amp | JL Audio C5-653 Components (Front) | JL Audio C5-650 Components (Rear) | JL Audio Slash v2 300/4v2 Class A/B Amp

Cherry bomb glasspacks will make it roar. Thats what I got on my truck and what I had on the one before and I love it.

Luke
    '02 Chevrolet 2500hd
    6.6 Duramax LB7
    3.5" Straight Pipe
    4" MBRP Black Exhaust Tip
    Tow Mirrors
    TSC Black Low Profile Tool Box
    Maverick Brush Guard

Flowmaster just aren't that loud if your going for loud in type of glasspack will do the trick. Flowmaster's are over rated if you ask me
    2000 Chevy Silverado 4WD Classic
    2'' lift Torsion Keys and air shocks
    33/12.50 Hankook Dynapro M/T
    3 1/2'' down pipe back 6" Tip
    Dodge Towing Mirrors
    Smoked Tails, Cab Lights, and Side Marker Lights
    1% Rear and Side Window, 20% Front Tint
    American Racing Wheels/ With a custom black paint
    Cold Air Intake
    Edge Performance Chip
    Custom Audio System
    LED Tails
    Black background headlights and parking lights

Quote Originally Posted by LB'07-Z View Post
    Cherry bomb glasspacks will make it roar. Thats what I got on my truck and what I had on the one before and I love it.
    I had cherry bomb glasspacks on my '62. Loved the sound of that.

---------- Post added at 08:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 AM ----------

Not to get off topic, but have you considered a setup like this. They did this at the txhouseofhotrods.com

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    Follow Us Please: facebook.com/gmtruckclub | twitter.com/gmtruckclub
    Support GMTC: Help the site, contribute today

I agree on the want to here it when it's running, myself, I have the Magnaflow because of that very problem and I wanted it to sound like a Chevy V8 should. Also it is not so loud as to disturb others when driving through a neighborhood at night but if you get into it, it will talk to you. I just think it is a good way to get a great sound, better mileage and not upset old people like me. Also, you never know when you may have to sneak away from somewhere.

2002 Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab SportSide: See Mods in My Garage

"Cherry Bomb. Disturbing the peace since 1968!"
    "It went together didn't it? Well then there has to be a way to take it apart!" - Me.

Check out my image gallery HERE.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good." ~Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast