GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I don't really have to worry about any shops reporting me.. A lot of them would take the cat out for me. Lol I've never heard of the cap for the O2 sensor, do you know where I could find one? I have heard of some "fake" ones. They send out a signal that is supposed to tell the engine the same thing as it would if the cat was still there so that the engine won't be forced to run in smog mode.

---------- Post added at 12:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by steved View Post
    Do you even need a muffler? If your state inspection doesn't require it, run straight piped...

As for the straight pipe, wouldn't I lose back pressure or something? I know my dad ran one on his 04 Duramax for a while but he had to get something else because it was just too loud. Lol

Check these out. I know a guy running with them and has no issues at all. You can basically run whatever exhaust you want and not have issues.

http://www.afterthoughtsauto.com/o2sim.html

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123