GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default NNBS Moulding Removal...

Has anyone on here removed their mouldings on their NNBS Silverado/Sierra? I've been contemplating it for a while, but I haven't seen it and am having trouble deciding if it will give me what I'm hoping for.

To Be Completed (Eventually):
    6" BDS Suspension lift | KingShocks Front and Rear Coil Overs | 4.56 Gears | 35" A/Ts (TBD) | Cervinis 07-12 Silverado Ram Air Hood | Fab Fours Front Winch Bumper (CS07-H2051-1) | Fab Fours Full Size Rear Bumper (CS07-W1850-1) | RX-2 Series Main Grille (Black) | Line-x Bed and wheel wells | Skid Plates | Rizor Automated Tonneau Cover | Custom Bed Insert | RBP RX-3 Series Nerf Bars | Kenwood Excelon DNX9990HD | JL Audio Stealthbox (2x500RMS) | JL Audio HD 1200/1 Class D Mono Amp | JL Audio C5-653 Components (Front) | JL Audio C5-650 Components (Rear) | JL Audio Slash v2 300/4v2 Class A/B Amp

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Don't worry it's like Pulling a tooth. Just grab it and PULL!!!!! Kidding.. A heat gun some strong fishing line and some Glue remover is all you will need.. THEn do not park next to anyone at the mall....
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

I already park as far away from people as I can. If I don't have that option (like during holiday shopping) I try to find a car that's worth more than my truck to park next to on the assumption they don't want to mess up their car either. What I REALLY hate is when you go out of your way to park far out and then walk back out to find ONE car parked right next to you.

I guess my biggest concern is just the final look. I do want it to look clean and unique. I don't want it to look naked like something's missing. I think things like fender flares, when I finally get some, would help a lot. And hey, maybe I'll be lucky enough to with the EGR flares in the contest. Then when I get back, I'll just do the flares and the mouldings around the same time.

They have an eraser wheel that you can buy from your local auto parts store that works great. Its a wheel that goes on a drill and it will remove all the glue from the body. I've used it before and works great
    2000 Chevy Silverado 4WD Classic
    2'' lift Torsion Keys and air shocks
    33/12.50 Hankook Dynapro M/T
    3 1/2'' down pipe back 6" Tip
    Dodge Towing Mirrors
    Smoked Tails, Cab Lights, and Side Marker Lights
    1% Rear and Side Window, 20% Front Tint
    American Racing Wheels/ With a custom black paint
    Cold Air Intake
    Edge Performance Chip
    Custom Audio System
    LED Tails
    Black background headlights and parking lights

Right, I've read most of the threads on here regarding how to do it and I'm not too worried about that. Seems straight forward enough. My question is more along the lines of what it looks like after. I haven't come across any NNBS trucks that have the mouldings removed. I tried working it up in paint, but paint isn't exactly perfect for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy09LTZCrew View Post
    What I REALLY hate is when you go out of your way to park far out and then walk back out to find ONE car parked right next to you.
    ... and I am that guy that will park next to you in the outfield. LOL! I am no danger, really because I don't want to bang my door up any more than you want me to bash into your truck with it... and I assume that when someone parks out there, that at least one side of my truck is protected!

(I do it more to be aggravating, though! LOL!)
    "It went together didn't it? Well then there has to be a way to take it apart!" - Me.

Check out my image gallery HERE.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good." ~Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)

Here are a few that i found hope this helps and gives you a good idea

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	images (1).jpg 
Views:	644 
Size:	9.3 KB 
ID:	38322Click image for larger version. 

Name:	images.jpg 
Views:	721 
Size:	6.4 KB 
ID:	38323Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ou7fo5.jpg 
Views:	885 
Size:	23.0 KB 
ID:	38324

There tons of tape under there it's a pain I'm doing it now
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

^^^^^Yours will look so bad ass without trim

Blog Entries

Personally, I think if it's color matched or compliments the truck, leave it if it's not falling off.
    2005 Chevy Silverado W/T
    4X4|4.8 with some mods (has only slightly more pull than a 5.3)|Auto|4 door ex cab|Cooper Discoverer AT/3's in 285-75/17's on Helo 842's|Cooper Discover M+S 265-75/17's on Devino DV349's|Flowmaster 40 Single in Dual out with custom bent pipe from the end of the cats back|2" Procomp leveling kit|Custom made center console|Custom dyno tunes|Air Raid CAI|Air Raid Throttle Body Spacer|Apex brand topper|Kenwood Head Unit with Kenwood speakers|Painted mirrors/grille|Debadged except front emblem|Bilsteins front and rear
    Planned mods not in order
    2 inch lift|Custom front/rear bumper|hitch tire carrier|roof basket on topper, bars on cab|finish center console build|install Midland CB|Power options|Tint|Custom made raised bed in the bed of the truck|Lund LunarVisor
    Also have a 1992 Ford Ranger with a lot of stuff done to it. Currently waiting for a bit of a rebuild.

"The only woman I'm pimping from now on is Sweet Lady Propane. And I'm tricking her out all over this town."

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by