GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Lyrid Meteor Shower

The Lyrid meteor shower rolled through tonight. Since it was a new moon there was very little light! This is excellent news when it comes to taking pictures of stars. Tonight I was in a star trail mood so here's what I came out with.

Anybody else watch it? We saw about 10 really nice meteors and lost track of all the small passers.

2010 OEM 20" Wheels
    Color-matched mirror covers and emblem
    20% tinted windows - 6" eyebrow
    Black rear fender-wells
    Completely debadged and demolded
    Duramax airbox replacement w/ K&N filter
    2" Rear drop shackle
    Tailgate light bar
    Flowmaster Delta 50 w/ double tip exits
    Blue footwell lighting
    12" Pioneer Sub (custom downfire box) 850W amp
    Full LED interior

Did not notice it tonight. Too many lights in Gonzales...cain't see crap.

If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger cheater bar.

Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 "Vortec" | Spectre "Cold Air Intake" | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tail Lights | Denali headlights | Grill Mounted Fog Lights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/70/16 Futura Scramblers | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Flowmaster Super 40 mufflers 2N1O | Mostly stock-ish
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Transmission Fluid cooler | Paint (Halfway there)| Interior Restoration/Upgrade with newer model parts | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations (68% Done) | And whatever is spurr of the moment
    CVN-69 "IKE-ATRAZ" AIR/V-2 Gear Dawgs

Storming here; couldn't see a single star due to clouds and rainfall...

It was storming up until about noon here. After that it went away and left plenty of clear sky.

Man Cheez I really like that kind of thing. I wish I had known about it. Great picture man. We often have nice clear sky's here and we are out in the country so you can see all the stars. I wish I new how to set my camera for that kind of picture. Great job.

2002 Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab SportSide: See Mods in My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by donyms View Post
    Man Cheez I really like that kind of thing. I wish I had known about it. Great picture man. We often have nice clear sky's here and we are out in the country so you can see all the stars. I wish I new how to set my camera for that kind of picture. Great job.
    It's not too hard out here to find an open spot either. This picture was actually 50, 20 second exposure, pictures stitched together. It's not at all hard to do just a lot of necessary gear (tripod, remote trigger, plenty of time). Thanks for the kind words too!