GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

View Poll Results: What type of GM truck do you prefer

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • 4X4 Offroad Truck

31 77.50%
  • 2WD Street or Sport Truck

5 12.50%
  • SUV or Crossover

4 10.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I love my 4x4. When I lived in Southern California, the only time I really had any need for 4wd was when I went snowboarding. Now that I'm in the Seattle area, there have been multiple times every year I'd been extremely grateful for it. Then there's also the fact I've started getting more adventurous off the hardball, so 2wd isn't really an option for me anymore.

To Be Completed (Eventually):
    6" BDS Suspension lift | KingShocks Front and Rear Coil Overs | 4.56 Gears | 35" A/Ts (TBD) | Cervinis 07-12 Silverado Ram Air Hood | Fab Fours Front Winch Bumper (CS07-H2051-1) | Fab Fours Full Size Rear Bumper (CS07-W1850-1) | RX-2 Series Main Grille (Black) | Line-x Bed and wheel wells | Skid Plates | Rizor Automated Tonneau Cover | Custom Bed Insert | RBP RX-3 Series Nerf Bars | Kenwood Excelon DNX9990HD | JL Audio Stealthbox (2x500RMS) | JL Audio HD 1200/1 Class D Mono Amp | JL Audio C5-653 Components (Front) | JL Audio C5-650 Components (Rear) | JL Audio Slash v2 300/4v2 Class A/B Amp

Blog Entries

4X4 all the way for me. Why go for a 2X4 on a truck? You have the disadvantages of a truck (big to drive in to a city, hard to find parking space,...) but dont have the benefits of it. Here in Belgium the parking spaces arent verry big so i need 1.5 parkingspace for the burb in length. Broadwise i have somthing like a foot left on both sides. Somthimes i ask myself why i drive a big truck like this. Then i sart up the engine, and then i suddenly know. You got to love that V8 sound and power.
    life sucks, but i love it!!!!

i drove 2wd stuff since i got my license. bought my first truck (03 Z71) febuary of 09. had a little front wheel drive coupe which was fun in the summer, but sucked in the snow. car was a lemon anyways, got so fed up with it i bailed from work one day a smidge early, went to the local chevy dealer, saw it and bought in under an hour. was pre approved from the bank and did the deal. never going back to a 2wd. second car can be, but I will always have a 4x4 around. they are just so dang useful.

Alex
    Last edited by Sierraowner5.3; 04-27-2012 at 07:32 AM.

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

4x4 off-road ... preferably lifted and modified to make it distinctly my own. I did stock for a while on my previous Z71 and despite the truck not being white and not being a regular cab I still felt like I was driving a work truck around, so I had to mix it up. I use my truck like a truck, too, hauling 4x8's, driving around in farm fields with 6' high grass when looking at property (I've been in search of acerage), driving on the low side of leaky pond dams (hub-deep into mild mud) when also looking at acreage, driving down all-mud logging roads with eroded-out water breaks... you get the idea. 2WD just wouldn't meet my needs.

Personal I love my truck and not going to take her offroad. 2wd is all I need but I like to go with a buddy in his 4wd.

2011 GMC SIERRA CREW CAB 2WD W/5.3

Convenience Package
    : Adjustable Pedals, Remote Start, Electric Rear Window Defogger, Rear Parking Assist

Power Tech. Package| Volant CAI| GMC Upgraded Grill| Line-X Premium Bedliner| AVS Smoke Headlight Covers| Demolded| AMI Black Grill Emblem| AMI Black Rear Emblem| EGR In-Channel Window Visors| IPCW Third Brake Light| IPCW LED Fiber Optic Tail Lights| IJDM Dome & License Plate LED's| Flowmaster Exhaust W/ 3" Black Chrome Tips| OEM 20" Rims W/ Goodyear Eagle LS2

You can't get away from the STORM!

I perfer 4x4 truck unless its antique then doesnt matter cause its antique.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12