GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Tail light not mounting flush

I installed some Spyder LED tail lights, and the driver side tail light will not sit flush.

It is about 1/4" or 3/8" too far in at the top and beside the tail gate.

Anyone have any experience with tail lights doing this?

Is there a way I could get a spacer in between the tail light and the body mount points?

I will post pictures later. Thanks.

2012 Silverado 1500 LS Crew Cab 4.8L 4x4
    - Nitto Tera Grapler 265/70R17, Line-X bed liner, Black Bowties, Stampede front deflector, DeeZee black diamond plate bed rails, TonnoPro Lo-roll cover, Antenna deleted, Spyder Projection Headlights with Phillips CrystalVision Ultra bulbs, Spyder Tail Lights & 3rd Brake Light, Rough Country leveling kit, PlastiDip'd emblems, and wheel hubs, Diablosport Trinity, 20% tint, Black OEM grill

"Coming through in a new Chevy, droppin' game like it's too heavy."

This is not all that unexpected with aftermarket parts. Same thing applies to non OEM body panels and just about everything else that you can buy aftermarket. The upper screw hole is probably tapped in the wrong place. now, they could have had a bad one, a bad batch or they may ALL be that way. You could try to send it back and see if they will exchange it for you, but the bigger problem is that if you get it to sit flush, there will probably be a gap at the top of the light between the bed and the light. I will wait for pictures and try to come up with something better.
    "It went together didn't it? Well then there has to be a way to take it apart!" - Me.

Check out my image gallery HERE.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good." ~Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Post pics and as said above.. Some Aftermarket things just don't fit.. Want to borrow my Shoe Horn?
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

I managed to make it fit almost flush by using some little strips of foam with adhesive on one side. I attached them on the top and bottom screw points inside the light so that the screws don't suck it in so far.