GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Exhaust questions

I have a 2010 gmc sierra 1500 crew cab. I am wanting to change my exhaust my wifes cousin recently bought the same truck except silverado. He recently put some pacesetter longtube headers with a y pipe to a borla muffler. I am thinking maybe the same except I was considering a x pipe and corsa muffler. I was wanting to cut out my cats but dont want my computer to be tripped. I know there has to be a certain amount of back pressure for things to function properly. so iv kinda rethought this alittle and thinking of leaving the cats in there. I was hoping someone had some views on the x pipe and if there would be enough back pressure for things to work.

I just received my long tube headers and am trying to decide how to finish it out from the headers. I am not sure if there is enough room to put mufflers directly on the headers and then run pipe. But if I have to use a y-pipe first should I just use a single inlet muffler with two outlets? Or is two mufflers better or louder? And I think I want a side exit in front of the right rear wheel, kind of like the Ford Lightnin. Anybody got a detailed description of how to make this work?

TIA...