GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Is there a market for part of a used Borla system?

I recently had a Borla S-type put on my 2012 Silverado. The pipes didn't line up right in the back, it was some kind of manufacturing defect according to Borla, so they sent me 2 new intermediate pipes and 2 new tailpipes with tips. I know the old one is defective somehow in appearance, but it functions perfectly.

So my question is: Would there be a market for the 2 old intermediate pipes and the 2 old tail pipes considering there is some kind of alignment issue with them? I'm not 100% sure what the defect is, it could be bent slightly wrong or not cut to the proper length. The kit was $1200 and all that would be needed to make a second full kit would be a muffler and pipe (I think). I would obviously have to disclose why I was selling them, I wouldn't try and trick someone.

I offered to send the old pipes back to Borla so they could see what was wrong but they told me to keep them, and I don't want to just scrap them or throw them away if they are worth like $500. The sound is amazing, it just looks weird on the truck. I'm sure if someone knew what they were doing they could bend it or cut it to make it fit right.

Anyone have any ideas?

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

You could do what I did with my Borla on my old Avalanche. I had the first system they made for a Cladded Avalanche and the tips melted some of the bottom cladding. So David (Alex Borla's son) Sent me 2 more tips. We cleaned up the old ones and made 4 tips coming out. 2 on each side.. Looked Very cool I will TRY to post up a pic..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	florida truck pics 029.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	44.8 KB 
ID:	38485Click image for larger version. 

Name:	florida truck pics 030.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	51.4 KB 
ID:	38486Click image for larger version. 

Name:	glenn avatar pic NEW.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	14.7 KB 
ID:	38487
    Last edited by Enkeiavalanche; 04-27-2012 at 10:07 PM.
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X