GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default New flares going on the K5

We finally got a little rain, first time in a year, so we had to go play in the yard. I am building this truck, so this was first time to go through the pit and stuff I have built at my place, and we have some tire rub in extreme situations, so out comes the cutting tools and new flares will soon be installed. I'll post some after pictures when they are on. I've got to cut out the openings first.

Mark
    89 K Blazer 4" lift 35x12.5x15, warn hubs, cut out flares. Soon to have headers, posi carriers, gears.
    2000 K2500 Crew Cab 5.7 285/75R16's. 3" Body lift. Suspension parts being ordered.
    Lots more to do on both the trucks

And a bunch of fast Buicks

Blog Entries

What are you building the K5 for? Mudding I assume, or for trail use? Only reason I ask is because if it will see some trail use, the flares may get ripped off by tight areas, or if the tires are wide enough/stick out far enough when flexing, they may even get ripped off then.
    2005 Chevy Silverado W/T
    4X4|4.8 with some mods (has only slightly more pull than a 5.3)|Auto|4 door ex cab|Cooper Discoverer AT/3's in 285-75/17's on Helo 842's|Cooper Discover M+S 265-75/17's on Devino DV349's|Flowmaster 40 Single in Dual out with custom bent pipe from the end of the cats back|2" Procomp leveling kit|Custom made center console|Custom dyno tunes|Air Raid CAI|Air Raid Throttle Body Spacer|Apex brand topper|Kenwood Head Unit with Kenwood speakers|Painted mirrors/grille|Debadged except front emblem|Bilsteins front and rear
    Planned mods not in order
    2 inch lift|Custom front/rear bumper|hitch tire carrier|roof basket on topper, bars on cab|finish center console build|install Midland CB|Power options|Tint|Custom made raised bed in the bed of the truck|Lund LunarVisor
    Also have a 1992 Ford Ranger with a lot of stuff done to it. Currently waiting for a bit of a rebuild.

"The only woman I'm pimping from now on is Sweet Lady Propane. And I'm tricking her out all over this town."

What brand/type are you going to go with ?
    Adam
    11 Silverado Summit White Ext. Cab 5.3L Z71 9k miles
    RC leveling kit
    Jason fiberglass tonneau cover
    Penda-liner
    Superchips 91 octane tune
    Front air dam removed
    6,000k lowbeams 6,000k fogs
    color match bowties
    color match mudflaps
    20% tint all the way around
    20% tinted 6in sunshade
    Nitto terra grappler 275/70r17 (winter setup)
    Chevy 22s with Bridgestone Alenza 285/45r22 (summer setup)
    Kenwood DNX6180 indash

Building it for a fun, yet capable driver. Flares can be replaced if we break them, and, ever heard the term "chicks dig scars". This truck is full of scars, and my wife, even after 30 years of marriage still likes big tires on a lifted truck.
    I got the Bushwacker cut out flares.

Truck was stock when I got it. Added the 4" lift. Built the suspension and brakes fresh. It will get posi carriers, headers, exhaust next.
    Mark
    89 K Blazer 4" lift 35x12.5x15, warn hubs, cut out flares. Soon to have headers, posi carriers, gears.
    2000 K2500 Crew Cab 5.7 285/75R16's. 3" Body lift. Suspension parts being ordered.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by carmantx View Post
    Building it for a fun, yet capable driver. Flares can be replaced if we break them, and, ever heard the term "chicks dig scars". This truck is full of scars, and my wife, even after 30 years of marriage still likes big tires on a lifted truck.
    I got the Bushwacker cut out flares.

Truck was stock when I got it. Added the 4" lift. Built the suspension and brakes fresh. It will get posi carriers, headers, exhaust next.
    My only concern is that those flares aren't exactly cheap, which is why I was just curious what you were using the truck for. I still can't wait to see the finished product.
    2005 Chevy Silverado W/T
    4X4|4.8 with some mods (has only slightly more pull than a 5.3)|Auto|4 door ex cab|Cooper Discoverer AT/3's in 285-75/17's on Helo 842's|Cooper Discover M+S 265-75/17's on Devino DV349's|Flowmaster 40 Single in Dual out with custom bent pipe from the end of the cats back|2" Procomp leveling kit|Custom made center console|Custom dyno tunes|Air Raid CAI|Air Raid Throttle Body Spacer|Apex brand topper|Kenwood Head Unit with Kenwood speakers|Painted mirrors/grille|Debadged except front emblem|Bilsteins front and rear
    2 inch lift|Custom front/rear bumper|hitch tire carrier|roof basket on topper, bars on cab|finish center console build|install Midland CB|Power options|Tint|Custom made raised bed in the bed of the truck|Lund LunarVisor
    Also have a 1992 Ford Ranger with a lot of stuff done to it. Currently waiting for a bit of a rebuild.

"The only woman I'm pimping from now on is Sweet Lady Propane. And I'm tricking her out all over this town."

Ok, flares are on. Just barely any rub now on the front tires with extreme twist in our pit, so we should be in good shape now. Also took the top off. Now for some fun driving. Problem is, my son has claimed the keys. Hmmmm.

Mark

Blog Entries

Nothing like an older gal with her top off! Looks good!
    2005 Chevy Silverado W/T

Nice lookin K5 there, I like that step.
    Brian L.

Brian Larson CST. KC9DAK.
    Janesville WI.
    87 GMC G20 6.2 diesel.

Thanks Brian. Had to put the step on so I could get in it. Being an old fat guy, it was hard for me to get in it.

I do think I need bigger tires now, looking at the pictures. hmmm.

And Jimmeh, wish she was older so her whole top would come off... It's fun to drive. Never rains here, so top is off for the summer. We will be taking this truck up in the mountains in New Mexico in a couple weeks to cruise around on some trails.
    Mark

Don't forget to take a few pix and show us the view of the truck up there. I'm with ya on the weight bit, and like the older trucks too. I hope you can sneak the keys back from your son soon! Once I get my van paid for and fixed, I'm gonna see about putting dual rear wheels on it, with nice stainless flares, side pipes, and rear wing. Hood scoop like the one on Heartbreaker.
    Brian L.

Brian Larson CST. KC9DAK.
    Janesville WI.
    87 GMC G20 6.2 diesel.