GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Which bumper?

Be careful with the Road Armour bumper company.I know someone that had a problem, and also I have been reading more reviews about them. Quite a lot of people have had problems about shelling out a bunch of cash for the bumpers, and never getting them. THEN having to CLAW AND FIGHT to get their money back and STILL not get the bumper. Be careful.
    Please Tell Your Boobs To Quit Staring At My Eyes

[QUOTE=SurrealOne;464154]Who doesn't like mounting wenches? LOL!
    People that got no use for one? i never knew you could get a hidden kit for a winch but then again im going to need the more heavy duty bumper when im in the bog hauling out my buddys land rover tracker and blazer

Fabtech/Banks Ram Air |Fuel Off Road/ 315/70/17 duratracs |Hyper tech / Spencershids |
    Color Matched Bowtie |15% Tint on Front Windows|20% Tint on Back Windows

Chevy Ridin' High
    "Black rims are as cool as a boner at a swim meet"

I'm liking the bottom truck (the F-15s add a nice touch). But one day I might do like Surreal and throw a hidden winch on my truck...that is if I can get rid of these elctrical demons .

If at first you don't succeed, chances are, you are using too small of a cheater bar

Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 Vortec | Spectre Cold Air Intake | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tails | Denali headlights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/75/16 Mastercraft Courser A/T | "Ghetto" painted tailgate | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Dual Thrush Turbo Mufflers
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Oil/Trans Fluid cooler | Re-done exhaust | Paint | Interior Restoration/upgrade with newer model stuff | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations | And whatever is spurr of the moment
    US Navy Sailor :sign0011:

[QUOTE=Burden33;464170]
    Quote Originally Posted by SurrealOne View Post
    Who doesn't like mounting wenches? LOL!
    People that got no use for one? i never knew you could get a hidden kit for a winch but then again im going to need the more heavy duty bumper when im in the bog hauling out my buddys land rover tracker and blazer
    I think you missed my joke. The common definition of 'wench' is 'a girl or young woman'.

And as for needing a heavy duty bumper for when you haul your buddies out, winches are mounted in winch carriers ... which are atttached to the frame, not the bumper.

Hopefully warn will come out with a hidde winch for the nnbs before I decide to get a fab four. To me it's the best, it comes with Hellas and is around the same price as most
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

[QUOTE=SurrealOne;464207]
    Quote Originally Posted by Burden33 View Post

I think you missed my joke. The common definition of 'wench' is 'a girl or young woman'.

And as for needing a heavy duty bumper for when you haul your buddies out, winches are mounted in winch carriers ... which are atttached to the frame, not the bumper.
    after work seven nights in a row wench and winch all look the same on the last one. oh i know there attached to the frame i just need something the hides the whole winch without having that bigass grill that some comanys make for them

Fabtech/Banks Ram Air |Fuel Off Road/ 315/70/17 duratracs |Hyper tech / Spencershids |
    Color Matched Bowtie |15% Tint on Front Windows|20% Tint on Back Windows

Chevy Ridin' High
    "Black rims are as cool as a boner at a swim meet"

I like the look of Surreal's truck. Even in person you can't tell that he has one mounted. As for the two you have pictured I like the second one. Although I am not sure I don't like the first one because of the truck or if I don't like the bumper. The truck looks like it drove through an Advances Auto with a crap magnet and mounted all the crap they have in the store. Another company you may want to look into to is TrailReady. I have used on of their bumpers in the past. The only complaint I have with the one I owned was with the paint/powder coating. If you look in my album you will see the one I owned.

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Ok Ok So my spelling Sucks....

Anyway here are some other bumpers to look at..

Go Industries , Buckstop Truckware , Go Rhino , Hope this helps..
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

I think the stealth look on the truck on top is pretty bada**, but that is one of those beauty is in the eye of the beholder things. Whatever you decide post some pics. You know how we are are pics. can't get enough.

2011 GMC SIERRA CREW CAB 2WD W/5.3

Convenience Package
    : Adjustable Pedals, Remote Start, Electric Rear Window Defogger, Rear Parking Assist

Power Tech. Package| Volant CAI| GMC Upgraded Grill| Line-X Premium Bedliner| AVS Smoke Headlight Covers| Demolded| AMI Black Grill Emblem| AMI Black Rear Emblem| EGR In-Channel Window Visors| IPCW Third Brake Light| IPCW LED Fiber Optic Tail Lights| IJDM Dome & License Plate LED's| Flowmaster Exhaust W/ 3" Black Chrome Tips| OEM 20" Rims W/ Goodyear Eagle LS2

You can't get away from the STORM!

O man I really like that second road armor one alot!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast