GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: Snow Tracks

Default Snow Tracks

I've seen conversions to tracks on 4x4s before and always thought it'd be fun, but only really has one use. Even if that use is a cool one. Maybe I've just missed it, but this is the first time I've seen this. I could see it being a lot of fun..

http://www.wimp.com/turnssnowmobile/

To Be Completed (Eventually):
    6" BDS Suspension lift | KingShocks Front and Rear Coil Overs | 4.56 Gears | 35" A/Ts (TBD) | Cervinis 07-12 Silverado Ram Air Hood | Fab Fours Front Winch Bumper (CS07-H2051-1) | Fab Fours Full Size Rear Bumper (CS07-W1850-1) | RX-2 Series Main Grille (Black) | Line-x Bed and wheel wells | Skid Plates | Rizor Automated Tonneau Cover | Custom Bed Insert | RBP RX-3 Series Nerf Bars | Kenwood Excelon DNX9990HD | JL Audio Stealthbox (2x500RMS) | JL Audio HD 1200/1 Class D Mono Amp | JL Audio C5-653 Components (Front) | JL Audio C5-650 Components (Rear) | JL Audio Slash v2 300/4v2 Class A/B Amp

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Very cool Wonder what your MPG's will be with those? I have seen some that you take the rims off and they Bolt up But not like these.. How Much?
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

I did some googling. Apparently it's just a prototype at the moment that they've made for GM and Ford full size trucks. There's no information yet on release date or cost. I've seen the same ones that you have to replace the wheels which obviously wouldn't be nearly as convenient.

If the price wasn't outrageous I think I'd toy with the idea of getting some just for random winter outings when I want to play in the snow.

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Write the owner.. Tell him you wanna get a set to do a review on this site for him.. Who knows Maybe he'll send them..

Hmm. That's some good thinking right there. I think I just might do that.

WANT!!!!

id love to play with those in the winter. go trail riding with other snowmobilers in my pickup. stay nice and warm.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers