GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default programmers and california

Anybody in cali using programmers? I would love to get one but since this is my state of record and its gonna be awhile before i get out of here just want to see what others are doing? I know they wont pass smog with the programs but people say just reset it back to stock settings and it should be fine. Diablo is what im looking at because of the afm deactivate option

i should also mention im not trying to get around laws or anything i can live without it i have just not been able to fined one that does not say only legal in california for racecars and offhighway vehicles. i use my truck everyday and do not want to have to pay alot of money to get something back into standards. i have seen or heard of people using chips that still pass emissions. just want to see if anybody has found something i cannot

I have an Edge programer on my 2009. When I do have to deal with emission related stuff I will just re-program it for stock mode. What I don't care for is that my truck On-Star cannot monitor it's vitals when it's hooked up! Check it out!