GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last Post byLast Post by

Default My new truck! 2011 GMC Sierra SLE Z71 stealth grey metallic

Well folks, decided to pick this up. Cant say enough about Viking Buick GMC in Rochester, Minnesota. They dealt with me over the phone, the sales man talked to me again and again. Sent me pictures, answered my questions, and was very helpful in every way possible. They drove it almost 1400 miles to Virginia beach for me, and took care of everything I could ask for. Customer service above and beyond what I could have ever asked for.

Anywho, here are the details. Its a 2011 SLE in stealth Grey Metallic. 5.3 w/6 speed, Z71 package (required lol) It has the Chrome Essentials package, power tech package, and the Convenience Package. 265/65/R18 rims and tires. Bridgestone Dualer A/Ts. It came with the GMC mudflaps, GM 6 inch Nerf Bars, and a GM under rear seat storage box. I had no idea it was their until I got it today. I was pleasantly surprised. They added a Smoked Bug guard, and GM smoked Window vents for me, and to top it off, they sent it off to Line-X and had the bed lined for me. I went with a under the rail liner. I like that look better, I think its cleaner. If I ever change my mind, adding the over the rail will be easy, taking it off, not so much. So far, I have the UWS toolbox I had on it, and the bully hitch step on. And one GMTC sticker.

Future plans you may be wondering? Level it, maybe a size larger tires, a Diablew tune, a cat back exhaust of some sort, and maybe some light interior mods. I have a few ideas floating around in my head.

*** also has husky floor mats.***

Enjoy the pictures. Thanks for looking. And yes I kept it a secret, just for fun.

Alex
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMAG0152.jpg   IMAG0154.jpg   IMAG0156.jpg   IMAG0161.jpg   IMAG0159.jpg  

IMAG0158.jpg  
    Last edited by Sierraowner5.3; 04-28-2012 at 06:58 PM.

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Love it. I wish mine came with an under seat compartment. I had to build one because I wasn't going to spend $200 on one.
    Sometimes the best part of my job is that my chair swivels.

Master Mechanic

Wow! I'm so happy for you, you really deserve it! It looks like a really sweet truck and I love the color. It will be perfect for the family.
    It looks like you have the sensors in the rear bumper but you have the hitch step, doesn't that deactivate the sensors? That is why I had to get rid of my hitch step. I always loved the look of the front end on the GMC over the Chevy. Have fun!

Legend
    Blog Entries

Hey Alex
    Love the truck!! That is my favorite Sierra colour... Good pick.. Just got it, and already thinking about mods... a true Truck Owner... haha

NICE PURCHASE!!

2008 GMC ENVOY SLT
    GT RACERS Black Diamond Grille
    | PIAA Headlights| BEAMERS Pro HID Kit 6,000K Diamond White |
    3" LiftMeister Body Lift Kit
    |Skyjacker Suspension| MagnaFlow Exhaust w/tip |Hella Supertone Horns| Blacked out Body

"Silly Boys! Lifted Trucks are for Girls"
    "If you can't beat 'em, then your going to slow" :sign0081:

Congrats man!! Love the truck, great color and I really like those wheels. Be sure to keep us updated on what you do to it. We have pretty similar trucks and I wanna see which direction you take it.
    09 Sierra SLT
    - Denali grille, black HALO headlights, smoked tails & brake light, 20% tint, Carbon fiber interior
    - Top Gun Customz 2.5" leveling kit, 305/55/20 Toyo Open Country AT's on GMC 20's
    - K&N 77 series cold air intake, Flowmaster super 10 series exhaust
    Next up: Smoked fog lights

2000 Silverado Z71
    - 4" body lift, 315/65/16 Mastercraft Courser AT2 tires
    - Stainless steel Excalibur catback exhaust
    - Lots more to come!

Quote Originally Posted by AnimalYates View Post
    Congrats man!! Love the truck, great color and I really like those wheels. Be sure to keep us updated on what you do to it. We have pretty similar trucks and I wanna see which direction you take it.
    No copying!!!! :-P

thanks for the kind words all. Part of the reason I went this route is for a warrenty. It has a 3 year, up to 48k bumper to bumper, and the remainder of the gm 5 year, 100k warrenty.

to answer your question Amac, i actually dont know if the step will mess with the sensors, I havnt driven it since I put it on. Ill find out tomorrow I think. and yes Erica, mods are required.

thanks for the compliments everyone. The wife is even a fan! She likes the remote start! The truck was almost perfect the way it was at the dealer. The
    stuff i had them add was just wish list stuff. it was a 1 year lease return. compated to the price of a new truck, i got this for a deal, and its only got 17k on the clock.

this one felt right, alot of the other trucks I looked at didnt. hard to explain.

Alex

AHHHH!!!! NO!!! lol She looks like a beaut there Clark...wait no Alex. Kinda confused me at first when I saw you post with a different truck as a sig pic

If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger cheater bar.

Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 "Vortec" | Spectre "Cold Air Intake" | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tail Lights | Denali headlights | Grill Mounted Fog Lights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/70/16 Futura Scramblers | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Flowmaster Super 40 mufflers 2N1O | Mostly stock-ish
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Transmission Fluid cooler | Paint (Halfway there)| Interior Restoration/Upgrade with newer model parts | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations (68% Done) | And whatever is spurr of the moment
    CVN-69 "IKE-ATRAZ" AIR/V-2 Gear Dawgs

Master Mechanic
    Blog Entries

Niceeee!!! it looks great,,, I know you will enjoy the new ride.....

That's a very nice ride and some awesome customer service from a dealership. Any plans to debagde/demold it?

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Great Truck... Nice Color.....Click image for larger version. 

Name:	atnicoleshouse2.jpg 
Views:	1207 
Size:	82.1 KB 
ID:	38640
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last Post byLast Post by