GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Jr. Apprentice

Another update. The check engine light came back on the other day. Was able to take it to AutoZone and get the codes read, they were p0446 and p0455. I got it into the dealer later that day and they did the smoke test and could find no leaks anywhere. The reset it and I was off. Came back on yesterday...ugh. Called and taking it in on Wednesday, hoping they figure it out this time.

Legend

Blog Entries

Hope they are able to find and permanently fix the problem. Does your truck still have low enough miles to where this stuff is covered under warranty? If so, at that's a help.
    Last edited by mfleetwood; 05-08-2012 at 09:21 AM. Reason: type o

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

Quote Originally Posted by mfleetwood View Post
    Here is link to information regarding the Driver Information Center. You can upgrade your truck's easily and it relatively inexpensive. From all the feedback I've seen from members, including myself, it was well worth the investment.

http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...#axzz1td4acTAq

BTW...welcome to the Club and congrats on your new ride!!!
    Glad someone introduced you to this.. i have personally done the DIC upgrade on my 08 and it works fantastic, all plug-n-play and only took a total of literally 3 minutes TOPS to install, just need two (one can be used) small screwdrivers to get the headlight/dimmer switch block off the old panel.

Also, welcome to the club and congrats on the purchase!

"If you're not living life on the edge, You're taking up too much space"

"Truck Norris"
    - 2008 TX Edition Silverado
    - McGaughy's 4/5 Drop Kit
    - Apline Type R 10s & Amp
    - Pioneer 6 Disc Touchscreen Deck
    - Nightmare Breed Motorsports custom tune
    - Custom 3" dual exhaust through x-pipe dumped at axle
    - Airaid CAI
    - Badges and molding removed, roll pan, Truxedo roll-up cover (compliments of GMTC!), 3pc billet grille, factory fogs upgrade
    "Kristine" - 1991 Nissan 240sx
    - Cut to pieces, LS build pending

Jr. Apprentice

Truck has 48k miles, might still be in luck. Figure i will have the truck there around 3:30 or so. Sure hope they figure it out this time. After i am done there i am dropping it off for a spray in bedliner. Gonna order the DIC button panel this evening or tomorrow.

Congrats on the new truck. Hope you get the issues fixed.

Jr. Apprentice

Ok, well, it's the evap canister. They can put in a new one and have me back on the road for $665.00. Please tell me the part number and that I could do this myself....

Quote Originally Posted by kennya View Post
    Ok, well, it's the evap canister. They can put in a new one and have me back on the road for $665.00. Please tell me the part number and that I could do this myself....
    Man that just sounds like it is too expensive to me. Maybe I am wrong and hopefully others here have experience with this and can lead you in the right direction. Hopefully you can do it yourself. Good luck!
    2012 Silver Chevy Silverado 1500 Z71 Crew Cab LT 6.2L 400+hp, Hypertech, K&N CAI, tent, AVS
    2012 Black Harley Davidson Fat Bob 103 engine, Willie G
    2011 Silver Infiniti QX56, 400+hp
    2009 Lime Green Kawasaki KFX 450, Moose armor, GNCC
    2007 Red Polaris 500 X2
    2009 Lime Green Kawasaki Ninja 250
    PAST VEHICLES
    2009 Infiniti G37X, Stillen CAI, Magnaflow, 2007 Infiniti 370GT, 2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 Z82 Crew Cab LTZ AMerican Luxury Coach conversion, Fabtech lift, 2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 Z71 LTZ old body style, 2008 Nissan Armada, 2003 Yamaha YZFR1, 2007 Honda VTX 1800, 1993 Chevy S-10 over 350,000 miles on orig motor and trans

Quote Originally Posted by kennya View Post
    Check out some websites like GMpartsdirect. I found it for about $120 there

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Jr. Apprentice

After much discussion with the wife and a lot of research, just going to have the dealer take care of it. Taking it down there in about an hour...

That's probably wise from a warranty perspective...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12