GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 Last Post byLast Post by

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy09LTZCrew View Post
    And that's exactly what I'm planning to do. I'll start with something small and easy to replace if I don't like it for some reason. I doubt that will be the case, but better safe than sorry. Plus I want a single theme for the interior so that will give me a good idea of the overall result.
    You wont be sorry! The triangle covers on the doors that hide the bolts for the door mirrors are
    what I would recommend doing to get an overall idea if your going to like the design for your interior. They wont cost you a fortune to dip.

---------- Post added at 03:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by UpsetProps View Post
    Looks really nice, if you guys had a royal purple or dark purple burlwood or carbon fiber I would definitely give it a shot on my interior.
    I have a couple burlwood films in stock and a carbon fiber. I can add a purple candy to them. Let me know what parts you have in mind.

GMTruckClub members receive discounts off our normal rates! PM me for quotes! Check out our Films gallery - updated with over 200 Hydro Dip films!

If it can be painted - it can be Hydro Dipped!

Get the Gorilla!

gorilladip.com

sales@gorilladip.com

@sstoner911 Just out of curiosity, what kind of price would I be looking at if I wanted the dash bezel, and the 2 center console trim pieces done in carbon fiber? It would be the same 3 pieces as this truck has done, and I would have the texture sanded smooth beforehand.

2008 FORD F350. My new all-around truck.
    2001 Silverado Reg. Cab Not-So-Base -- SOLD
    2003 Avalanche Z71. No Cladding. Check out my Mod thread. - Crashed. Will be rebuilt soon.
    1974 Triumph Spitfire 1500 - Work in Progress
    2003 Sierra 3500 Duramax. The Newer, Better Work Truck -- FOR SALE

I would be looking at similar pieces pmf608 mentioned above. Could you give us a rough idea on cost sstoner?

2012 Silverado 1500 LS Crew Cab 4.8L 4x4
    - Nitto Tera Grapler 265/70R17, Line-X bed liner, Black Bowties, Stampede front deflector, DeeZee black diamond plate bed rails, TonnoPro Lo-roll cover, Antenna deleted, Spyder Projection Headlights with Phillips CrystalVision Ultra bulbs, Spyder Tail Lights & 3rd Brake Light, Rough Country leveling kit, PlastiDip'd emblems, and wheel hubs, Diablosport Trinity, 20% tint, Black OEM grill

"Coming through in a new Chevy, droppin' game like it's too heavy."

Those 3 parts I can do for $150.

Thanks sstoner, I will be looking at this in the future.

Too bad you don't have a Canadian location so me and pmf608 don't have to ship our parts so far!

Quote Originally Posted by sstoner911 View Post
    Those 3 parts I can do for $150.
    Wow, that's a great price considering I've looked into buying the hydrodipped dash pieces straight from GM, and it is over $600 for the set that way. Once I have the money to do this, I think I'll definitely get you to do those for me.

So you guys live close...maybe your can combine your shipping!

When you guys are ready let me know!

Quote Originally Posted by sstoner911 View Post
    Longevity is the most common question. This process can be used on interior, exterior, and even parts under the hood. The process is just like any other process that involves paint - PREP is the key. Hydro Graphics is as durable as a paint job on a vehicle. The clear coat is automotive clear. It can be buffed and waxed.

Interior parts that are dipped should retain the finish for years - they arent subjected to the sun as much if at all.

Exterior parts you can expect to last as long as your paint on your vehicle generally - I know guys here in Arizona with dipped spoilers that have had them for 5 years and the look like they did they put them on. I guess your mileage will vary depending what elements its subjected to.

The clear we use has a UV protection.

This is a bow riser that we dipped - the owner has another bow that was dipped 7 years ago and he said the finish is as good as the day he brought it home.

The pattern is Predator Brown Decpetion
    That looks cool as hell. Can you dip arrow shafts? Mine are black and sticking out by not being camo. Oh I like the Jeep dash too.

If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger cheater bar.

Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 "Vortec" | Spectre "Cold Air Intake" | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tail Lights | Denali headlights | Grill Mounted Fog Lights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/70/16 Futura Scramblers | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Flowmaster Super 40 mufflers 2N1O | Mostly stock-ish
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Transmission Fluid cooler | Paint (Halfway there)| Interior Restoration/Upgrade with newer model parts | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations (68% Done) | And whatever is spurr of the moment
    CVN-69 "IKE-ATRAZ" AIR/V-2 Gear Dawgs

All the stuff looks great. I am definately thinking that I may eventually have to find some things to send to you and get done.
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by rileyjr16 View Post
    That looks cool as hell. Can you dip arrow shafts? Mine are black and sticking out by not being camo. Oh I like the Jeep dash too.
    That is a good question. Of course they are paintable so you could dip them, I am not sure if it would affect the flight? I am not a big bow hunter so I am not sure about the arrow shaft and dipping. I will ask a someone I know tho who has a bow shop.