GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default General Grabbers 33 x 12.50/ 17

Does anyone one here have the new General Grabber red letters? Do you like them? Hows their ride? Do they sing alot? Thanks for yall's input.

Legend

Blog Entries

This thread contains a little info General Grabbers...may be some good reading while waiting for someone to respond.

http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...#axzz1tdnD9HiW

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

Thanks Mr. Fleetwood. I've read that post, I found it while searching, but I'm wanting to see if anyone as actually bought and run them. I've read good reviews on other items in magazines, but the item sucked in real world use.

I looked at these ... in that size, no less. I didn't like the red letters (not for me). Had they been all black I'd probably have tried them out. I'm just as curious as 07 is on this topic since they're an item on my hit list that I passed up for purely cosmetic reasons.

Legend

Blog Entries

I definitely understand. Maybe @jnbama will catch this thread as he has/had them. If he doesn't, may try PMing him.

Just have OE's on my truck for now and will till new ones are needed, found a review on Pro Pickup. Reviewer said they did good on his 2500 under heavy load , quiet on pavement and good traction in rain rocks ,sand and soft dirt but not very good traction wet clay and mud
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Grabber-on-teh-rocks.jpg 
Views:	346 
Size:	69.3 KB 
ID:	38791
    Last edited by jnbama; 05-01-2012 at 04:25 PM.
    2012 4.8 LS

God is great, beer is good and people (WOMEN) are Crazy

Legend

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jnbama View Post
    Just have OE's on my truck for now and will till new ones are needed, found a review on Pro Pickup. Reviewer said they did good on his 2500 under heavy load , quiet on pavement and good traction in rain rocks ,sand and soft dirt but not very good traction wet clay and mud
    My memory must be fading as I continue to age, as I must have remember a past post incorrectly....Thanks for straightening me out

Thanks for chiming in J. Thats the kind of info I was looking for. That info also kicks them out of the running. I need clay and mud traction. I wish the made the tire I have now in 33x12.50/17. They are great all around.

Quote Originally Posted by mfleetwood View Post
    My memory must be fading as I continue to age, as I must have remember a past post incorrectly....Thanks for straightening me out
    No problem happy to help out , used a vacation day to do some spring cleaning while the truck I drive is in the shop. Wanted to mention my youngest neice lives in Denver, visited there a few years ago and had lots of fun. Rocky Mtn. State Park, Garden of the Gods , Pikes Peak , Co. Railroad Museum with a greasy cheese burger at an old local diner nearby and Wings over the Rockies, going to make it back one of these days.

I've heard about them and i'm getting a set. And throwing these on mine. Can't wait! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BallisticEnigma.jpg 
Views:	289 
Size:	77.8 KB 
ID:	38831

2003 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 5.3
    Factory Tint
    Recon Taillights
    2.5 ReadyLift Leveling Kit
    Low Profile Toolbox
    Westin Nerf Steps

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by