GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 87' Chevy 4x4 project

I have been working on this truck for 3 years. I keep having a problem with it starting after its been driven and shut off. It just turns over and won't fire. Any suggestions?

I have the same problem!
    The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today.

Welcome to the G M T C ! Youll probably get more answers if you post in one of the "Technical" forums. Good luck!

2010 Z/71 Colorado C/C
    Black 4X4 w/5.3L V8
    ===============
    2007 Winnebago Adventurer
    w/8.1L Chevy & Allison 6spd.
    Canyon Lake, Texas

fuel pressure, fuel pump, if it turns over, its trying... hows the idle? any hesitation? make sure you have steady spark.

other then that what you said isnt much to go off of.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

We are the Borg. Lift your truck and surrender your keys. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile. Erm, I mean welcome to GM Truck Club!

Quote Originally Posted by retired2001 View Post
    Youll probably get more answers if you post in one of the "Technical" forums. Good luck!
    This x2.

Master Mechanic
    Blog Entries

welcome tothe club and enjoy the site.......

Welcome to the club, it's nice to have you here.

2002 Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab SportSide: See Mods in My Garage

Welcome to the site. It looks like you joined quite a while ago, but good to have you in here again. As others have said, put a post in the technical forum and you'll get a lot more views from people who don't always view these threads. Looking forward to some pictures of your project as well.

To Be Completed (Eventually):
    6" BDS Suspension lift | KingShocks Front and Rear Coil Overs | 4.56 Gears | 35" A/Ts (TBD) | Cervinis 07-12 Silverado Ram Air Hood | Fab Fours Front Winch Bumper (CS07-H2051-1) | Fab Fours Full Size Rear Bumper (CS07-W1850-1) | RX-2 Series Main Grille (Black) | Line-x Bed and wheel wells | Skid Plates | Rizor Automated Tonneau Cover | Custom Bed Insert | RBP RX-3 Series Nerf Bars | Kenwood Excelon DNX9990HD | JL Audio Stealthbox (2x500RMS) | JL Audio HD 1200/1 Class D Mono Amp | JL Audio C5-653 Components (Front) | JL Audio C5-650 Components (Rear) | JL Audio Slash v2 300/4v2 Class A/B Amp

Welcome to the site. Hit us up in the Q&A section and lets see what we can figure out for you.
    Please Tell Your Boobs To Quit Staring At My Eyes

Try posting in the C/K truck section, like posted previously, youll probably be able to get a lot more help ( http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/for...#axzz1tYcqWG4F ). Also please post what engine you have and any parts already replaced to help narrow it down for us. Welcome to the site! Get some pics up of that square!

5.7L 350| .420 Cam | Bored 0.030 | Edelbrock intake manifold | 600 Cfm Edelbrock Carburetor | Long tube headers | Shift kit | Chrome dress up kit | Flowmaster 40's exhaust | Edelbrock heads | Custom paint
    SOLD

"Don't judge a book by its cover."

HONORARY CANUCK

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast