GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Bed Liner Question

Okay I have a spray in bed liner it came with the truck when I bought it. My question is can i buy an aftermarket roll in from an auto parts store such as Herculiner and go over the top of it? Will it stick? It's just faded really bad
    2000 Chevy Silverado 4WD Classic
    2'' lift Torsion Keys and air shocks
    33/12.50 Hankook Dynapro M/T
    3 1/2'' down pipe back 6" Tip
    Dodge Towing Mirrors
    Smoked Tails, Cab Lights, and Side Marker Lights
    1% Rear and Side Window, 20% Front Tint
    American Racing Wheels/ With a custom black paint
    Cold Air Intake
    Edge Performance Chip
    Custom Audio System
    LED Tails
    Black background headlights and parking lights

I dont see why not......just scuff the areas you want to roll with like scotch brite and make sure you blow it out with compressed air or get the dirt out somehow

You can paint over the spray in. It might be a easier cheaper option. The Herculiner will also fade and peel. The Upol Raptor line is the best over the counter do it yourself kit I have found. IMO of course.

Yea my biggest thing was it adhering to the spray in
    Dodge Towing Mirrors
    Cold Air Intake
    Edge Performance Chip
    Custom Audio System
    LED Tails
    Black background headlights and parking lights

Blog Entries
    2005 Chevy Silverado W/T
    4X4|4.8 with some mods (has only slightly more pull than a 5.3)|Auto|4 door ex cab|Cooper Discoverer AT/3's in 285-75/17's on Helo 842's|Cooper Discover M+S 265-75/17's on Devino DV349's|Flowmaster 40 Single in Dual out with custom bent pipe from the end of the cats back|2" Procomp leveling kit|Custom made center console|Custom dyno tunes|Air Raid CAI|Air Raid Throttle Body Spacer|Apex brand topper|Kenwood Head Unit with Kenwood speakers|Painted mirrors/grille|Debadged except front emblem|Bilsteins front and rear
    Planned mods not in order
    2 inch lift|Custom front/rear bumper|hitch tire carrier|roof basket on topper, bars on cab|finish center console build|install Midland CB|Power options|Tint|Custom made raised bed in the bed of the truck|Lund LunarVisor
    Also have a 1992 Ford Ranger with a lot of stuff done to it. Currently waiting for a bit of a rebuild.

"The only woman I'm pimping from now on is Sweet Lady Propane. And I'm tricking her out all over this town."

You might want to consider a drop in liner such as Duraliner. I had one in my truck for 16 years. Took it out to pain the truck and the bed was just like new. No rust (and the truck is outdoors 24/7) and only a few scuffs. Now I have a Bedrug and a canopy.
    1994 Chevy K2500 Silverado, 454 (modified), original owner.
    And other vehicles and toys.

"...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
    And treat those two imposters just the same;
    ...you'll be a Man, my son!" Rudyard Kipling

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Heater View Post
    You might want to consider a drop in liner such as Duraliner. I had one in my truck for 16 years. Took it out to pain the truck and the bed was just like new. No rust (and the truck is outdoors 24/7) and only a few scuffs. Now I have a Bedrug and a canopy.
    He already has a spray in bedliner, so there is no reason to put a plastic drop in in.
    2005 Chevy Silverado W/T
    4X4|4.8 with some mods (has only slightly more pull than a 5.3)|Auto|4 door ex cab|Cooper Discoverer AT/3's in 285-75/17's on Helo 842's|Cooper Discover M+S 265-75/17's on Devino DV349's|Flowmaster 40 Single in Dual out with custom bent pipe from the end of the cats back|2" Procomp leveling kit|Custom made center console|Custom dyno tunes|Air Raid CAI|Air Raid Throttle Body Spacer|Apex brand topper|Kenwood Head Unit with Kenwood speakers|Painted mirrors/grille|Debadged except front emblem|Bilsteins front and rear
    Planned mods not in order
    2 inch lift|Custom front/rear bumper|hitch tire carrier|roof basket on topper, bars on cab|finish center console build|install Midland CB|Power options|Tint|Custom made raised bed in the bed of the truck|Lund LunarVisor
    Also have a 1992 Ford Ranger with a lot of stuff done to it. Currently waiting for a bit of a rebuild.

"The only woman I'm pimping from now on is Sweet Lady Propane. And I'm tricking her out all over this town."

Hi, Jimmeh:

That is painfully obvious from his post. You think I can't read or something? That is an insulting comment.

He wants to replace what is in there. A drop in liner is an answer to his question and is 100% relevant, as he has concerns about re-coating what is in there and he is concerned about fade. A Duraliner, at least the one I had, fades little if any.
    1994 Chevy K2500 Silverado, 454 (modified), original owner.
    And other vehicles and toys.

"...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
    And treat those two imposters just the same;
    ...you'll be a Man, my son!" Rudyard Kipling

Quote Originally Posted by MTM View Post
    Okay I have a spray in bed liner it came with the truck when I bought it. My question is can i buy an aftermarket roll in from an auto parts store such as Herculiner and go over the top of it? Will it stick? It's just faded really bad
    Personally I wouldn't use the Herculiner.....I would visit a Line X dealer and ask them how much to spray the restore finish they offer.

GMTruckClub members receive discounts off our normal rates! PM me for quotes! Check out our Films gallery - updated with over 200 Hydro Dip films!

If it can be painted - it can be Hydro Dipped!

Get the Gorilla!

gorilladip.com

sales@gorilladip.com

I would never put in a drop in don't like them and they just look cheap like you couldn't afford a bed liner so you settled with a drop in. I just want to make the one i have look like new
    Dodge Towing Mirrors
    Cold Air Intake
    Edge Performance Chip
    Custom Audio System
    LED Tails