GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Jet mass air flow sensor

Is it worth buying ?

I was just talking to my buddy (mechanic) about my first stage on my 08 Silverado. That is part of the plain. With a cold air, exhaust, programmer. He said it was a must. On the other hand, I have see people say it is not. My guy has worked on all my cars for 12 years and has built some sweet race cars. So, me myself will be getting one. When it is time.
    I copied and pasted you title of post in the search engine on the top right of the page. Some posts come up that it is just mentioned and some were they are talking about it. You will just have to shuffle through it. Hope that helps.
    Tim Walters (Curky)

Wrangler AT/S 265/70R17 - Trail-FX window vents - Husky fitted splash guards - Silver Star zXe - Leveling kit -

I Have never use the Jet MA, But generally dealing with LS Fbodies. You don't gain enough to warrant the cost. I know of atleast 20 cars making over 500 rwhp on stock MA. IMO I think you money would be better spent on upgraded injectors and a dyno tune. Now if you had the Fast LSXR-T 102mm intake and TB, maybe, but on the stock setup it's a waste of money.

I too have heard it's a waste of money, unless you are doing a serious build (500+hp) I would stick with the factory.
    2006 Silverado Crewcab 5.3l, has a modified airbox with drop-in filter.
    Mods to come:
    Exhaust
    Tune
    Suspension
    More power!

I have a granatelli "tuned for CAI", and noticed some noticeable on acceleration, but it always threw a lean code. Granatelli told me I needed the one that corrected that problem. I have the stock box back in now with it and it doesnt throw a code. you may see a little performance from it. As stated before may be most usefull if fully decking out motor with TB injectors etc, but the stock one flows well. truth be told the granatelli is a stock MAF sensor with the middle bar cut out and tuned a little.
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member