GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Why I had a child

So my running joke (sort of) is that I had a kid to do all of the chores I don't like doing. My daughter is 5 and about time she got to doing some work. So a point of this thread is for those of us parents to post our child labor law breaking pictures and other fun stuff about why we had kids (no serious stuff like to better the world etc either).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wash3.jpg   wash2.jpg   wash1.jpg  
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by dsfloyd View Post
    So my running joke (sort of) is that I had a kid to do all of the chores I don't like doing. My daughter is 5 and about time she got to doing some work. So a point of this thread is for those of us parents to post our child labor law breaking pictures and other fun stuff about why we had kids (no serious stuff like to better the world etc either).

I think she missed a spot. Wax on wax off?
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 ext cab.4x4
    72 Monte Carlo 350-415 hp- sold (June 2011) to pay medical bills
    79 Impala 350 4bbl 375 hp- sold (June 2011)to pay medical bills
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

"If He asks you to go a mile go two"

My 7 year old loves helping wash the truck and keeps begging me to let him help fill it with gas. I did go buy a ton of wood pellets last winter in 40 pound bags. I told him I'd give him a quarter for every bag he unloaded and got stacked. I wish I'd gotten pictures of that. He earned himself two dollars though. He would not give up on those things.

To Be Completed (Eventually):
    6" BDS Suspension lift | KingShocks Front and Rear Coil Overs | 4.56 Gears | 35" A/Ts (TBD) | Cervinis 07-12 Silverado Ram Air Hood | Fab Fours Front Winch Bumper (CS07-H2051-1) | Fab Fours Full Size Rear Bumper (CS07-W1850-1) | RX-2 Series Main Grille (Black) | Line-x Bed and wheel wells | Skid Plates | Rizor Automated Tonneau Cover | Custom Bed Insert | RBP RX-3 Series Nerf Bars | Kenwood Excelon DNX9990HD | JL Audio Stealthbox (2x500RMS) | JL Audio HD 1200/1 Class D Mono Amp | JL Audio C5-653 Components (Front) | JL Audio C5-650 Components (Rear) | JL Audio Slash v2 300/4v2 Class A/B Amp

I always thought the reason people had kids was, there wasn't anything good on TV that night.

Quote Originally Posted by dsfloyd View Post
    That's a very expensive car wash you've got there. I don't even want to think about how long it'll take you to pay it off!

Master Mechanic
    Blog Entries

Hmmm i was just working out the numbers here..... 10 trucks means 10 kids, and that relates to three wives and alimony,,,,ok guess I am off to the coin opt wash... Cause i just scared myself.....lmao

Great pics Dsfloyd, she looks so sweet

Just wait, it only works for a while. My daughter is 15 now and it cost me money for her to do chores. She will have her license soon. At that point I can switch it back by telling her that this is how she is paying me back for the gas she is using.
    Tim Walters (Curky)

Wrangler AT/S 265/70R17 - Trail-FX window vents - Husky fitted splash guards - Silver Star zXe - Leveling kit -

This post reminds me of my God-Daughter. She turned 12 March 3rd. My friend and I are sitting and talking after the party. She comes into the garage and hand me and him a folder. In this folder is print outs of trucks for sale and aftermarket parts list. She has her sweet 16 present all planed out, right down the the locking lugnuts. She look at her dad and I and says "Exactlly 4 years from today I'll be 16, this is what I want, you had better start saving". I was dying laughing. She turned to me and said " I don't know why you are laughing, you're gonna help" She was straight faced and serious as a heartattack. I can't wait to see how it's going to turn out. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by 07XCSB View Post
    This post reminds me of my God-Daughter. She turned 12 March 3rd. My friend and I are sitting and talking after the party. She comes into the garage and hand me and him a folder. In this folder is print outs of trucks for sale and aftermarket parts list. She has her sweet 16 present all planed out, right down the the locking lugnuts. She look at her dad and I and says "Exactlly 4 years from today I'll be 16, this is what I want, you had better start saving". I was dying laughing. She turned to me and said " I don't know why you are laughing, you're gonna help" She was straight faced and serious as a heartattack. I can't wait to see how it's going to turn out. LOL
    My question to you is, have you been saving?
    Tim Walters (Curky)

Wrangler AT/S 265/70R17 - Trail-FX window vents - Husky fitted splash guards - Silver Star zXe - Leveling kit -

Legend

Blog Entries

Very cute David...she's growing like a weed.

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast