GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
    Jr. Apprentice

Default Aftermarket headlight lens / housing VS OEM

My headlights on my 1995 K2500 are kinda foggy and yellowed, just wandering if anyone has any experience with one of the many replacements offered on ebay? My drivers side also has a broken adjuster, so I need to replace at least that side. I did not price a GM one yet, anyone have a P/N by chance?? But if these ebay jobs are cheap Chinese knockoffs that will turn yellow and crack in a short time maybe I just want to avoid them altogether. I could always junkyard a used one.

One other thing my high beams don't point anywhere near where they should, since the light housings are all one piece, I'm thinking the high beam bulb is either bad or bent, anyone see this before?

I love the light my 1999 Trans Am puts out, so I'm thinking my truck should light up the road just as well. All my older cars and trucks had old time sealed beams in them.

try lmctruck.com

they have a great selection on lenses. and they even send the bulbs !

i just ordered a set from them ..most of the knockoffs on ebay are those cheap imitations and the lights are h3 instead of what you are using
    04 Tahoe LT 5.3L stock MSD 8.5mm Wires
    Gigbson Duels Straight Exhaust, Parrot 3100 Bluetooth
    K&N 77 Series CAI, Sirius Radio
    De-badged, Valet Dei remote start
    5000k HID -Higherlevelauto.com
    Federal 100watt air horn

Blog Entries

I checked at autopartswarehouse and they list several options ranging from $49.95-$905 and even projector headlights. it just depends on your budget. I purchased a driver's side heated mirror for my wife's Suburban for around $45 and the dealer wanted over $300 and it looks and works perfectly like an OEM replacement.

Just remember though, you get what you pay for
    Last edited by dwill3015; 11-17-2007 at 09:53 PM. Reason: forgot the link
    Darcy
    Washington State
    2006 Silverado 2500HD LT3 4X4 CC SB Duramax LBZ
    Tuff Country 6" lift, 35" Toyo M/T's on 20" Ultra Peacemaker wheels, Quadzilla Stealth2 programmer, Diamond Eye 5" cat-back exhaust, factory Special order color Yellow.

Former Member

Quote Originally Posted by randyb2004 View Post
    My headlights on my 1995 K2500 are kinda foggy and yellowed, just wandering if anyone has any experience with one of the many replacements offered on ebay? My drivers side also has a broken adjuster, so I need to replace at least that side. I did not price a GM one yet, anyone have a P/N by chance?? But if these ebay jobs are cheap Chinese knockoffs that will turn yellow and crack in a short time maybe I just want to avoid them altogether. I could always junkyard a used one.

One other thing my high beams don't point anywhere near where they should, since the light housings are all one piece, I'm thinking the high beam bulb is either bad or bent, anyone see this before?

I love the light my 1999 Trans Am puts out, so I'm thinking my truck should light up the road just as well. All my older cars and trucks had old time sealed beams in them.
    Here ya go man. Check out this link. I've got the same set in my truck, only to fit my year model. They are good and I have never had a problm out of them. No cracks, no leaks, no yellowing, no nothing. http://www.stylintrucks.com/parts.as..._prod_ids=3155