GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Truck in the window

So about 20 minutes ago I found myself in the Wal Mart/Strip Mall parking lot stopped and about to make the turn into the main flow of parking lot traffic. When I turned (left), I realized I was looking at the reflection in the window looking at how cool my truck looks and how awesome I look doing it. Which leads me to thinking...who else has done this/does this or am I the only one?

If at first you don't succeed, chances are, you are using too small of a cheater bar

Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 Vortec | Spectre Cold Air Intake | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tails | Denali headlights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/75/16 Mastercraft Courser A/T | "Ghetto" painted tailgate | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Dual Thrush Turbo Mufflers
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Oil/Trans Fluid cooler | Re-done exhaust | Paint | Interior Restoration/upgrade with newer model stuff | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations | And whatever is spurr of the moment
    US Navy Sailor :sign0011:

I do it everyday when I leave work.

2012 Silverado 1500 LS Crew Cab 4.8L 4x4
    - Nitto Tera Grapler 265/70R17, Line-X bed liner, Black Bowties, Stampede front deflector, DeeZee black diamond plate bed rails, TonnoPro Lo-roll cover, Antenna deleted, Spyder Projection Headlights with Phillips CrystalVision Ultra bulbs, Spyder Tail Lights & 3rd Brake Light, Rough Country leveling kit, PlastiDip'd emblems, and wheel hubs, Diablosport Trinity, 20% tint, Black OEM grill

"Coming through in a new Chevy, droppin' game like it's too heavy."

Every chance I get. LOL. I even go a little bit out of the way just to do it.

Most windows aren't tall enough for that...

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealOne View Post
    Most windows aren't tall enough for that...
    I agree. Some windows cut my head off. But, When I drive the big truck I do it all the time. I deserve it after spending so much money on it

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

i do it all the time with mine. i ll come home from somewhere in the wifes car, and im like, whos truck is that? It looks awsome!

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Master Mechanic

oh this is very common! I go to the local grocery store at lunch that is in a strip mall and drive slowly past the windows to catch my reflection. I do it on the way in and on the way out. Most of all I love when it's sunny and I'm driving and can see the light reflecting off my wheels onto the road. Who else loves that?

Here is an example of what I mean.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wheels.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	47.3 KB 
ID:	38885
    Last edited by AMac; 05-03-2012 at 07:02 PM.

Master Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by Sierraowner5.3 View Post
    i do it all the time with mine. i ll come home from somewhere in the wifes car, and im like, whos truck is that? It looks awsome!

Alex
    haha..I love it & congrats again on the new truck

Blog Entries

Whenever I do something new I check my truck out in reflections. Or when I am driving to work. Or when I am driving into the work parking lot. Or when I leave the work parking lot. Or when I am going past a store that has a lot of windows. Or going through the parking lot at the post office......

Needless to say, my focus isn't always on driving ;)
    2005 Chevy Silverado W/T
    4X4|4.8 with some mods (has only slightly more pull than a 5.3)|Auto|4 door ex cab|Cooper Discoverer AT/3's in 285-75/17's on Helo 842's|Cooper Discover M+S 265-75/17's on Devino DV349's|Flowmaster 40 Single in Dual out with custom bent pipe from the end of the cats back|2" Procomp leveling kit|Custom made center console|Custom dyno tunes|Air Raid CAI|Air Raid Throttle Body Spacer|Apex brand topper|Kenwood Head Unit with Kenwood speakers|Painted mirrors/grille|Debadged except front emblem|Bilsteins front and rear
    Planned mods not in order
    2 inch lift|Custom front/rear bumper|hitch tire carrier|roof basket on topper, bars on cab|finish center console build|install Midland CB|Power options|Tint|Custom made raised bed in the bed of the truck|Lund LunarVisor
    Also have a 1992 Ford Ranger with a lot of stuff done to it. Currently waiting for a bit of a rebuild.

"The only woman I'm pimping from now on is Sweet Lady Propane. And I'm tricking her out all over this town."

Lol so its safe to say...uh crap thought I had a bit of a joke there...welp nevermind!
    @AMac I do that too but I look at the rims in the refelction lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast