GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: OEM seat skins?

Jr. Apprentice

Default OEM seat skins?

So where is the best place to get them? I have some bad stains on the drivers seat. Carpet cleaner wouldn't get them out. I really only need the driver and passenger... Thx! Oops, have cloth seats.

Have you tried Spot Shot? That stuff gets dried blood and everything.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Jr. Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
    Have you tried Spot Shot? That stuff gets dried blood and everything.
    Never heard of it, but will see if we might have it around here.

Quote Originally Posted by kennya View Post
    Never heard of it, but will see if we might have it around here.
    it comes in an aerosol or a trigger spray bottle. In my opinion the aerosol works better. Home depot carries it here.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

I bought a set of seats from a junkyard that were NASTY stained from having sat in a truck with no windows for who knows how long. The guys that took it out also left some really nice greasy hand prints all over them. The generally looked like I had dragged them out of a swamp. I used a hose, some Westley's Bleche-wite tire cleaner, a light scrub-brushing, a shop vac, a day in the sunshine and they came out like new!

On my '03, since there were no hog rings used to hold the upholstery on, I took it off and ran it through the washing machine with some aggressive cleaner and they came out like new too. It was a pain to get the covers off because of the seat bely being mounted inside the seat, but it WILL come apart without damage!

But... NEVER... EVER put them in the dryer! Otherwise, your kid's Barbie Jeep will have some nice OEM seat upholstery!
    Last edited by moogvo; 05-04-2012 at 09:40 AM.
    "It went together didn't it? Well then there has to be a way to take it apart!" - Me.

Check out my image gallery HERE.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good." ~Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)