GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default New Tail Light Fitment ~ Anzo USA Lights

First off I hope everyone is doing well and Happy Boxing Day! Now my dear wife picked me up some ANZO LED, (311081) tail lights for the 2011 2500HD and I must say they look spectacular on the truck! These came with the full harness and I really have had no issues getting them hooked up in behind the bumper( see the 1 pictures)
    Where my issue is, is the fitment of the lenses. I even lubed where they insert but it appears that they have bottomed out. So here is my question to you knowledgeable people is this what is expected from after market pieces? Please let me know your thoughts...(see #2 pictures)

The lights are the correct ones (see page 18) http://www.anzousa.com/download/2012...zo_2012cat.pdf

Any help is appreciated.
    I thought of that black peel and stick weather stripping but don't think I should have to.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails right tail1.jpg   left tail1.jpg   left tail2.jpg   right tail2.jpg  
    Last edited by ChevyFan; 01-13-2012 at 11:21 AM.

Legend
    Blog Entries

I have a set of LED tail lights on my 05' Silverado 2500HD, they are from IPCW though. Mine are the same way if not worse, It bothered me at first but I have gotten used to it. The water will drain out the bottom of the rear quarter panel, I wouldn't put any weather strip on but that's up to you. Also mine were so misaligned that I couldn't get the upper screw into the factory hole, so It's held in place with just the bottom screw lol! Been driving it like that for 6 years...

I have never seen an aftermarket lamp fit as well as well as an OEM lamp be it a taillight or headlight. The aftermarket just does not have the quality control that the OEM does.

97 Chevrolet Suburban K1500 5.7L
    78 GMC High Sierra K1500
    Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go thru life.

So I stopped by and discussed it with the dealer and looked at their truck... Mine don't fit that bad. They gave me some black paint to black out the silver... Should be fine! Thanks!

Legend
    Blog Entries

They look Awesome! Nice install!!

2008 GMC ENVOY SLT
    GT RACERS Black Diamond Grille
    | PIAA Headlights| BEAMERS Pro HID Kit 6,000K Diamond White |
    3" LiftMeister Body Lift Kit
    |Skyjacker Suspension| MagnaFlow Exhaust w/tip |Hella Supertone Horns| Blacked out Body

"Silly Boys! Lifted Trucks are for Girls"
    "If you can't beat 'em, then your going to slow" :sign0081:

Those look pretty sweet, nice mod!

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

Need your help or thoughts...
    Driving home yesterday when I put on the right signal light I received the fast flash for my signal indicating a burnt bulb. I checked it out and it is my right rear LED. It does not function. The clear reverse bulb works and the parking LED's light when I turn on the headlights. I removed the lens and the connection to the 2 resistors was badly corroded. (this is after 5 months of service) So I cleaned them up, cut off the connector and direct wired them. I checked the resistance and It seems like they are open cct (infinite Ohms) when I have the turn signal on i have no power in the assembly. I guess the next thing is to see if I get power to the plug at the back of the truck where the wire harness plugs in.

Fuses are ok...
    Any thoughts? I might even try hooking up the non LED's (I left the old wire harness there). Need this fixed by Wed...

Thanks Pat.
    Finally a signature and Avatar! I also posted some pics in the Gallery.
    2011 2500HD Crew Cab 4X4 Z71 6Liter.
    2011 Outback Travel Trailer 260FL
    So Happy to not be on the edge of GVWR Over Load!!

Master Mechanic

Yep the aftermarket tail lights wont fit as perfectly as the OEMs, it's unfortunate though. The top 2 pictures don't look bad though and the tail lights look nice on your truck. Happy modding!

Quote Originally Posted by AMac View Post
    Yep the aftermarket tail lights wont fit as perfectly as the OEMs, it's unfortunate though. The top 2 pictures don't look bad though and the tail lights look nice on your truck. Happy modding!
    Hey AMac how`s things? Ive gotten over the fitment. Now I have one signal that does not want to work. Not to happy...

Master Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by jake's silverado View Post
    Hey AMac how`s things? Ive gotten over the fitment. Now I have one signal that does not want to work. Not to happy...
    Your signal is not working in the tails? more details please.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by