GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by moogvo View Post
    You guys are looking at it all wrong! Yeah, I have a V6 4x4 '95. It has been able to get 20mpg in the past. Sometimes it gets 15. But my average is 32mpg.

WHAT?! What kind of math is THAT?!

So, assuming that I can safely average 17 in the '95, and my WIFE averages 48 in her beloved Prius, then the FAMILY average is 32.5 with BOTH vehicles being driven half of the time, and since the fuel for BOTH vehicles comes from my income, it makes no difference!

See? Problem solved! I get 32.5mpg on average! (and that's WITHOUT any "Cold Air Intake" swaps, TBI modifications or high flowing exhaust!)

So, in summary, you will get MUCH better fuel economy by putting your wife into a Prius than you ever will from a "Cold Air Intake". ROFLMAO! And if you're single, you're screwed on the fuel economy thing, but you come out MUCH better in the end because you don't have someone helping you spend your money and touching your stereo!

Even my "Penny-pinching" wife who just aced her calculus exam can't argue with the math! LOL!

But isn't a Prius a foreign car manufacturer? It isn't GM is it? Why doesn't GM have a reliable high mileage vehicle, That is also affordable
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 ext cab.4x4
    72 Monte Carlo 350-415 hp- sold (June 2011) to pay medical bills
    79 Impala 350 4bbl 375 hp- sold (June 2011)to pay medical bills
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

"If He asks you to go a mile go two"

Quote Originally Posted by Coach24 View Post
    But isn't a Prius a foreign car manufacturer? It isn't GM is it? Why doesn't GM have a reliable high mileage vehicle, That is also affordable
    Because GM, like other manufacturers, invested in oil companies when it diversified.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach24 View Post
    Ummm... Toyotas are built in the USA. GM has assembly plants outside the USA. ALL of the GM assembly plants use parts that have been sourced from other countries.

GM DOES make "affordable" fuel efficient cars, just like Toyota makes fuel drinking V8 pickup trucks. I wouldn't consider the Prius to be a cheap, entry level commuter car. When we bought ours, they were priced a lot more than comparably equipped Camrys and Corollas. In fact, I believe that for the same money, we could have taken home nicely equipped V8 full size pickup with an impressive amount of bells, whistles and whizbangs.

I am a Chevy truck guy to the core, but I have to be honest here and say that I have driven the Toyota truck offerings. In my opinion, their fit and finish is far better than ANY American branded truck ever built. They are tight, powerful and comfortable. their specifications are second to none.
    "It went together didn't it? Well then there has to be a way to take it apart!" - Me.

Check out my image gallery HERE.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good." ~Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)

Stock Toyota's are also better than pretty much any stock domestic Chevy/Ford/Dodge for getting into and off of leases for the oil and gas industry out here.

I have seen stock Tundras power through slop that jacked up domestics get bogged down in.

Don't get me wrong, I am Chevy 'till the casket drop. But some of the stuff I have seen the Toyotas do is amazing.

2012 Silverado 1500 LS Crew Cab 4.8L 4x4
    - Nitto Tera Grapler 265/70R17, Line-X bed liner, Black Bowties, Stampede front deflector, DeeZee black diamond plate bed rails, TonnoPro Lo-roll cover, Antenna deleted, Spyder Projection Headlights with Phillips CrystalVision Ultra bulbs, Spyder Tail Lights & 3rd Brake Light, Rough Country leveling kit, PlastiDip'd emblems, and wheel hubs, Diablosport Trinity, 20% tint, Black OEM grill

"Coming through in a new Chevy, droppin' game like it's too heavy."

GM has the new Spark going to get one first chance I get
    Last edited by jnbama; 05-08-2012 at 04:51 PM.
    2012 4.8 LS

Quote Originally Posted by jnbama View Post
    GM has the new Spark going to get one first chance I get
    What? .
    "It went together didn't it? Well then there has to be a way to take it apart!" - Me.

Check out my image gallery HERE.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good." ~Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)

What? .
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	images.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	9.4 KB 
ID:	39100
    2013 Chevrolet Spark
    2012 4.8 LS

Ha! That looks like a 3cyl jukebox rollerskate.. I would hate to see what are trucks would do to that and the occupants if it ran a red light.

2011 Silverado CrewCab 5.3L*Ram Air Look Cowl Induction Reflexxion Hood*6" Pro Comp Lift*Flowmaster Dual exhaust*Perfect Launch Rear Diff. Cover*Led Smoke Taillights*L.E.D.Smoke 3rd Brakelight*60" L.E.D. Tailgate Bar*Rearview Mirror Reverse Camera and Sensors*Smoke Headlight Covers*Front Bumper Grill Insert*Deezee Black Alum. Diamond Rail covers*20" Ultra Motorsports Rims wrapped with 35.5"B.F. Goodrich Tires*Inchannel Raingaurds*CAI*Bullydog GT Tuner*Alpine Amp*Boss 6x9's*Boston Acoustic Subs*Terrantula Tweeters*Custom Sub box*Red Led Interior Accents*5% Ultimacool duo tint rear window and doors, 20% front doors*Custom Vinyl Graphics*Demolded*Debadged*Painted drums and calipers*
    Future Mods Include: Custom Interior Hydrographics, Electronic Rollup Toneau Cover, 4.56 Gears, Painted rear bumper

Isnt that the one that blows packing peanuts out of the steering wheel in an accident? I think it comes standard with side curtain ziplock bags too.

That's just one though. Don't you need one for each foot?

I wouldn't consider the Prius to be a cheap, entry level commuter car. When we bought ours, they were priced a lot more than comparably equipped Camrys and Corollas. In fact, I believe that for the same money, we could have taken home nicely equipped V8 full size pickup with an impressive amount of bells, whistles and whizbangs.
    You just made an unfair comparison -- comparing an alternative energy/efficiency vehicle to others that are not, as it has technology in it the others do not. Compare apples to apples, please. Compare the cost of the Prius to the Leaf or the Volt. In a more fair comparison such as this, the Prius IS the cheap alternative energy/efficiency commuter vehicle of the three.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast