GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Thread: Howdy

Default Howdy

New member here.

So, about two weeks ago, the beater I was driving was slowly falling apart before my eyes, and I decided I couldnt take it any more, so I took a few $k, went looking and that afternoon, bought a 2000 GMC Sierra Z71 4x4.

I gotta say, I really love it! It's been several years since I've driven a truck, and I'd never owned a full-size, but I've really taken to this thing.

I'm still figuring out a few things. It's skidded a little in rain here and again, although the tires look good. I am curious as to what's considered the optimal tire size, style and brand. Also I haven't owned a 4x4 previously, so I'm still learning how to use that feature.

If anybody has suggestions or advice about those or anything else specific to these trucks, maintenance, particular issues or recommended upgrades, feel free to chime in!

Thanks.

Normal tire sizes would be 245/75/16 and 265/75/16. There are several brands on the market and it mostly comes down to personal preference and what you're looking to spend. And if you need any sort of off road traction. I have Goodyear Duratracs which are supposed to have a great wet surface control, but I can light 'em up rather easily with any rain. I would stick with a reasonably priced A/T from one of the major companies. (Goodyear, Nitto, Toyo, firestone, BFGoodrich, Kumho etc.)
    Adam
    2004.5 CCSB Duramax
    Max Effort Tuning by Idaho Rob - Goerend Transmission - PCV ReRoute - EGR Blocked - Plugged Resonator - 5" Diamond Eye Turbo Back - Tie Rod Sleeves - All On Mod - Edge Insight CTS - Recon Taillights, Cab Lights, & 3rd Brake Light

So I double checked and it already has 265 Firestone A/T's on there and they look pretty good, so I'll just stick with that for now. As soon as I get the chance I'm gonna get a K&N air filter and flush all the systems, prob switch to high mileage synthetic. And a tow hitch. It's got the package, just not the hitch.

Welcome to the club, it's good to have you as part of our team.

2002 Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab SportSide: See Mods in My Garage

That's a very good thing to do. Get all the maintenance on your schedule so you know when it needs to be changed. K&N is definitely a nice add on and I use High Mileage Mobil 1. Great stuff!

Welcome aboard. Congrats on the new truck. You'll find lots of good info on here. Post some pics when you got 'em
    2009 GMC Sierra 5.3L running on E85
    Black and chrome
    Volant CAI
    Borla dual exhaust
    Chrome Billet grill
    Tonneau cover
    4300k High/Low Beam HIDs
    Westin Ultimate Bull Bar with PIAA 540s
    Blacked-out tail and third brake light

Welcome to the club. Catching up on what the previous owner failed to do would be a priority . Do some research on your filter selection to weigh the pros and cons.
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 ext cab.4x4
    72 Monte Carlo 350-415 hp- sold (June 2011) to pay medical bills
    79 Impala 350 4bbl 375 hp- sold (June 2011)to pay medical bills
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

"If He asks you to go a mile go two"

Thanks for the input guys. I see myself driving a full-size Chevy/GMC for the foreseeable future.

Welcome to the Group maybe when apocalypse arrives you can meets us in all the rubble

Maybe? LOL!

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by