GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last Post byLast Post by

Default If you are worried gas mileage.....

Why in the world would you buy a fullsize truck? I swear, Trade the dang thing in on a honda or Shut up and drive it.

Sorry for the rant, but I just think its dumb to buy a fullsize truck and complain about it fuel mileage.

I only complain about it when my truck is not getting what its suppose to get for mpg. I would be happy with 15.

2011 Silverado CrewCab 5.3L*Ram Air Look Cowl Induction Reflexxion Hood*6" Pro Comp Lift*Flowmaster Dual exhaust*Perfect Launch Rear Diff. Cover*Led Smoke Taillights*L.E.D.Smoke 3rd Brakelight*60" L.E.D. Tailgate Bar*Rearview Mirror Reverse Camera and Sensors*Smoke Headlight Covers*Front Bumper Grill Insert*Deezee Black Alum. Diamond Rail covers*20" Ultra Motorsports Rims wrapped with 35.5"B.F. Goodrich Tires*Inchannel Raingaurds*CAI*Bullydog GT Tuner*Alpine Amp*Boss 6x9's*Boston Acoustic Subs*Terrantula Tweeters*Custom Sub box*Red Led Interior Accents*5% Ultimacool duo tint rear window and doors, 20% front doors*Custom Vinyl Graphics*Demolded*Debadged*Painted drums and calipers*
    Future Mods Include: Custom Interior Hydrographics, Electronic Rollup Toneau Cover, 4.56 Gears, Painted rear bumper

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

I hate to say it but I agree... It is a Truck.. You can do what you like to it But any of the Newer Chevy or GMC models with a 5.3-6.0 will get 13-18 Avg MPG.. With all I have done and watching how I drive I Avg 14.7 and I'm happy..
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Blog Entries

Why start a thread complaining about other peoples complaints? Isn't that a little bit hypocritical?
    2005 Chevy Silverado W/T
    4X4|4.8 with some mods (has only slightly more pull than a 5.3)|Auto|4 door ex cab|Cooper Discoverer AT/3's in 285-75/17's on Helo 842's|Cooper Discover M+S 265-75/17's on Devino DV349's|Flowmaster 40 Single in Dual out with custom bent pipe from the end of the cats back|2" Procomp leveling kit|Custom made center console|Custom dyno tunes|Air Raid CAI|Air Raid Throttle Body Spacer|Apex brand topper|Kenwood Head Unit with Kenwood speakers|Painted mirrors/grille|Debadged except front emblem|Bilsteins front and rear
    Planned mods not in order
    2 inch lift|Custom front/rear bumper|hitch tire carrier|roof basket on topper, bars on cab|finish center console build|install Midland CB|Power options|Tint|Custom made raised bed in the bed of the truck|Lund LunarVisor
    Also have a 1992 Ford Ranger with a lot of stuff done to it. Currently waiting for a bit of a rebuild.

"The only woman I'm pimping from now on is Sweet Lady Propane. And I'm tricking her out all over this town."

I think it's a funny thread.

When I was driving my 300C SRT8 I was lucky if I got 11.8 combined; I always had my foot in it. My little 4-banger MR2 turbo guzzled fuel, too; I could almost see the gas gauge dip when the turbo spooled up. And I'm SHOCKED (in a good way) at getting 14-16 in my lifted, big-tarred machine; it gets th best gas mileage out of any 4-wheeled vehicle I've owned, lol.

Surreal

P.S. I was getting about 11.2 shortly after I got the tires and such on it. This was before my tuner, custom tune, and re-gear. Heck, I thought 11.2 was fine for the size and weight of the machine, so I am ecstatic at 14-16.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmeh View Post
    Why start a thread complaining about other peoples complaints? Isn't that a little bit hypocritical?
    Haha! Well said and I agree. I also agree with what the phantom said. I only complain about my MPGs when they aren't what I think they should be. I was averaging 13.9 mpg around town the past week, and yeah I was bitchin about it because there are others around the forum and that I know who get 15-16. Thats just my two cents.
    09 Sierra SLT
    - Denali grille, black HALO headlights, smoked tails & brake light, 20% tint, Carbon fiber interior
    - Top Gun Customz 2.5" leveling kit, 305/55/20 Toyo Open Country AT's on GMC 20's
    - K&N 77 series cold air intake, Flowmaster super 10 series exhaust
    Next up: Smoked fog lights

2000 Silverado Z71
    - 4" body lift, 315/65/16 Mastercraft Courser AT2 tires
    - Stainless steel Excalibur catback exhaust
    - Lots more to come!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmeh View Post
    I see that happens here often. But Im not complaining. lol

Quote Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
    I see that happens here often. But Im not complaining. lol
    There's always forum drama. There happens to be less of it here than on most forums...

I maybe hypocritic, but atleast I'm not a F***ing moran wanting my 4wd fullsize chevy to get 25mpg in the city. If gas mileage is that importand, sell the truck and buy a Honda.

As for guys that has lost a few mpg, I completely understand wanting to get back what you lost. It could be a serious problem that need attention.
    Last edited by 07XCSB; 05-03-2012 at 09:49 PM.

Jr. Engineer
    Live in Mississippi...But I claim Texas!!

I can get 16 - 18 if I behave...........

2011 Silverado "Black Widow Edition"

7" Lift
    35" Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ's
    20" American Racing Rims With -24 offset
    Recon Smoked Led Tail and 3rd Brake Lights

MCX Conversion Package.....
    Custom Dual Exhaust
    Custom Leather
    Custom Chrome Gauges With Red Back-Lighting
    Black Widow Badges
    Back-up Camera System
    Programmer