GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Ok back to the electric fencing. Instead of a fence from the ground up put a fence from the top down.
    hang wires from a line , kinda like icicles on a tree, high enough off the ground that it doesnt zap the fox. As they walk into the are by your wood they will get a charge from several hanging wires, maybe enough to make them holler.
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 ext cab.4x4
    72 Monte Carlo 350-415 hp- sold (June 2011) to pay medical bills
    79 Impala 350 4bbl 375 hp- sold (June 2011)to pay medical bills
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

"If He asks you to go a mile go two"

Quote Originally Posted by Coach24 View Post
    Ok back to the electric fencing. Instead of a fence from the ground up put a fence from the top down.
    hang wires from a line , kinda like icicles on a tree, high enough off the ground that it doesnt zap the fox. As they walk into the are by your wood they will get a charge from several hanging wires, maybe enough to make them holler.
    Good call! I will run that one by the wife. That might fly. Then I dont have to worry about my 3 year old touching it

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Claymore mines are a great deterrent. How often do they come? If they come at regular intervals, you can pattern them like deer.

If at first you don't succeed, chances are, you are using too small of a cheater bar

Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 Vortec | Spectre Cold Air Intake | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tails | Denali headlights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/75/16 Mastercraft Courser A/T | "Ghetto" painted tailgate | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Dual Thrush Turbo Mufflers
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Oil/Trans Fluid cooler | Re-done exhaust | Paint | Interior Restoration/upgrade with newer model stuff | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations | And whatever is spurr of the moment
    US Navy Sailor :sign0011:

Let us know what you deside to do. Watch the laws. There are some weird one out there. Makesure you don’t get in trouble for setting traps or harming someone. Just don’twant to see you get in trouble for protecting your own stuff.
    Tim Walters (Curky)

Wrangler AT/S 265/70R17 - Trail-FX window vents - Husky fitted splash guards - Silver Star zXe - Leveling kit -

If we were in the middle east you could catch one of them and cut off a paw, funny how one kid missing a hand for stealing is such a great deterent to all the others.
    Like the middle east or not there are a few things we can learn from them.

Quote Originally Posted by tbplus10 View Post
    If we were in the middle east you could catch one of them and cut off a paw, funny how one kid missing a hand for stealing is such a great deterent to all the others.
    Like the middle east or not there are a few things we can learn from them.

I like that idea as well.
    Please let us know what you did to deter the theft issue and if possible post some photos.
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Curky View Post
    Let us know what you deside to do. Watch the laws. There are some weird one out there. Makesure you don’t get in trouble for setting traps or harming someone. Just don’twant to see you get in trouble for protecting your own stuff.
    That's just it, anything that can even cause an annoyance could potentially violate the law, and the poor guy can get sued by these little ass holes.

Yours best bet, OP is to just get one of the cameras and catch the thieves on tape and turn it into the police to let them handle the criminals. All your doing is digging yourself a hole that you may not be able to climb back out of by doing this electric fence deal, PBR bated bear trap or nails on a 2X6. Evidence of a crime will put the ball in your court and will allow the police to do their job.

I just wanted to say that while I am no advocate for thieves, and absolutely despise the bastards, I think it's pretty sad that people would go to such lengths as putting nails through a stick of lumber to deter them, especially knowing how our country caters to criminals being able to sue criminalees (or those being thieved) for bodily harm or whatever. Just please don't retaliate to the point where you can get yourself into trouble! Do the smart thing and get some evidence.
    2005 Chevy Silverado W/T
    4X4|4.8 with some mods (has only slightly more pull than a 5.3)|Auto|4 door ex cab|Cooper Discoverer AT/3's in 285-75/17's on Helo 842's|Cooper Discover M+S 265-75/17's on Devino DV349's|Flowmaster 40 Single in Dual out with custom bent pipe from the end of the cats back|2" Procomp leveling kit|Custom made center console|Custom dyno tunes|Air Raid CAI|Air Raid Throttle Body Spacer|Apex brand topper|Kenwood Head Unit with Kenwood speakers|Painted mirrors/grille|Debadged except front emblem|Bilsteins front and rear
    Planned mods not in order
    2 inch lift|Custom front/rear bumper|hitch tire carrier|roof basket on topper, bars on cab|finish center console build|install Midland CB|Power options|Tint|Custom made raised bed in the bed of the truck|Lund LunarVisor
    Also have a 1992 Ford Ranger with a lot of stuff done to it. Currently waiting for a bit of a rebuild.

"The only woman I'm pimping from now on is Sweet Lady Propane. And I'm tricking her out all over this town."

Most of us realize that the law can be turned on the violated and many of our suggestions are extreme in some sort of way. I believe we all have been advising in jest and not total seriousness.
    The idle deterrent is a dog that can protect and camera as a back up for the invaders getting the crap scared out of them when the rotty comes a barkin.
    Some of have evil devious minds , but are smart enough to know not to use most of these a fore mentioned methods.
    Look for some humor in the thread and imagine as TV has taught society to do. Imagining what could happen.

Still would like the know on what/ how the issue was resolved.
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

I, too, am curious on the resolution...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Coach24 View Post
    Most of us realize that the law can be turned on the violated and many of our suggestions are extreme in some sort of way. I believe we all have been advising in jest and not total seriousness.
    The idle deterrent is a dog that can protect and camera as a back up for the invaders getting the crap scared out of them when the rotty comes a barkin.
    Some of have evil devious minds , but are smart enough to know not to use most of these a fore mentioned methods.
    Look for some humor in the thread and imagine as TV has taught society to do. Imagining what could happen.

Still would like the know on what/ how the issue was resolved.
    Don't get me wrong, I found the humor in the posts, but have realized that suggesting an action to some folks over the internet will result in the suggested action regardless if it was in a joking manner or not. Not saying the OP is the type of person to do such a thing, but it's always best for the devils advocate to go ahead and point out the obvious.
    2005 Chevy Silverado W/T
    4X4|4.8 with some mods (has only slightly more pull than a 5.3)|Auto|4 door ex cab|Cooper Discoverer AT/3's in 285-75/17's on Helo 842's|Cooper Discover M+S 265-75/17's on Devino DV349's|Flowmaster 40 Single in Dual out with custom bent pipe from the end of the cats back|2" Procomp leveling kit|Custom made center console|Custom dyno tunes|Air Raid CAI|Air Raid Throttle Body Spacer|Apex brand topper|Kenwood Head Unit with Kenwood speakers|Painted mirrors/grille|Debadged except front emblem|Bilsteins front and rear
    Planned mods not in order
    2 inch lift|Custom front/rear bumper|hitch tire carrier|roof basket on topper, bars on cab|finish center console build|install Midland CB|Power options|Tint|Custom made raised bed in the bed of the truck|Lund LunarVisor
    Also have a 1992 Ford Ranger with a lot of stuff done to it. Currently waiting for a bit of a rebuild.

"The only woman I'm pimping from now on is Sweet Lady Propane. And I'm tricking her out all over this town."

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast