GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

I remember seeing an attachment for your garden hose that was on a motion sensor. When activated it would spray them. Not as exciting as the electric fence but chances are if you don't see them stealing the wood you won't see them being Lit up with the fence or sprayed with the hose.

Ok so do the electric fence and for the Hell of it the motion sensor on the hose at the same time!

Sucks thought I know.
    Finally a signature and Avatar! I also posted some pics in the Gallery.
    2011 2500HD Crew Cab 4X4 Z71 6Liter.
    2011 Outback Travel Trailer 260FL
    So Happy to not be on the edge of GVWR Over Load!!

Yup . Camera and your choice of other solutions.
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 ext cab.4x4
    72 Monte Carlo 350-415 hp- sold (June 2011) to pay medical bills
    79 Impala 350 4bbl 375 hp- sold (June 2011)to pay medical bills
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

"If He asks you to go a mile go two"

I'm still a rock salt fan. Non-lethal approaches are best and that one apparently hurts like hell.

You could get a scarecrow sprinkler (motion activated) and fill your hose full of dye or hair remover, that way when it comes on and sprays the theives they will be easily identified.
    http://www.amazon.com/Contech-CRO101.../dp/B000071NUS

Ford has a better idea! Drive a GM!

07 GMC Sierra Classic
    07 Honda Accord EX-L

68 Camaro (blown)
    2011 Ford F550 V10
    I don't own this truck, I just drive it!

Quote Originally Posted by giorge View Post
    You could get a scarecrow sprinkler (motion activated) and fill your hose full of dye or hair remover, that way when it comes on and sprays the theives they will be easily identified.
    http://www.amazon.com/Contech-CRO101.../dp/B000071NUS

I thought about the sprinkler. I did not think about the dye. Great idea. A guy in class recommended taking my nail gun to the first 2 layers of wood. I have to figure out how to get my current camera to motion activate. It will be a good laugh watching them attempt to pull wood off of the pile. Then the hose with dye and the motion alarm. That will scare the crap out of them.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

I don't like theives! I have ripped off before and it pisses me off! I would probably do the shotgun loaded with rock salt, it gets the message across very quick, don't forget to put no trespassing signs up, it gives you more leverage with the law.

Get rid of the fox and put a badger in your wood pile, he will get definate results!

Good Luck!

AGain some very good ideas but be careful in choosing your weapon of choice. Maybe even talk to the local law officer and see if you can get some clear guidelines

Any update? Success or mode of deterrent?

There may happen to be some pieces of wood with nails sticking out of them laying around the pile. Grass may be hiding that wood. Some mouse traps may have found their way into the pile in strategic locations. A few of my logs on top of the pile have grow nails. They have not been around in at least a week. Their family just ripped down a deck so they have plenty of wood for a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
    There may happen to be some pieces of wood with nails sticking out of them laying around the pile. Grass may be hiding that wood. Some mouse traps may have found their way into the pile in strategic locations. A few of my logs on top of the pile have grow nails. They have not been around in at least a week. Their family just ripped down a deck so they have plenty of wood for a few days.
    Then you might not have any kids to worry about in a few days if that deck was made of pressure-treated wood, like it should have been...
    Christopher

1991 Chevy Suburban 1/2 ton 2WD w/ chevy SBC 350-3/4 ton drivetrain upgrade w/4.10 gears 200K miles
    2005 Saturn ION-2 Stock 265K miles
    1982 Bronco, 1993 Bronco (sold), 1971 M35A2 Deuce and a Half

There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary, and those who dont...

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down- Adam Savage

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast