GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Hi, Pikey:

Chronic theft from a remote portion of your property is a tough one. The only real way to slow down or stop it is to make obstacles or barriers (at least two) to access so that removing the wood is made time consuming and very labor intensive. There are a number of solutions I could suggest, but I would need to have a picture or drawing or something else of your property to get an idea of what access routes are available for the thieves and which route you need to get your wood. You have to be able to get the wood without a large hassle, or transport a portion to a separate location next to your home or inside a locked shed.

Have you considered cyclone fencing with spiral razor wire along the top? I also think you must have the property border such that they must overcome a major barrier to enter the property before they reach the wood.

If you really want to get serious about just harming them so they don't come back, I suggest that you first contain the wood such that you know they will approach from one direction, then set up a trench lined with visqueen, about an inch or two deep, not very wide, and find a way to put branches over it. Fill it with muriatic acid, full strength. This will melt shoes, skin, bones, etc. Seriously, though, they will feel intense burning and stop what they are doing and head out of there for a hospital. I know it sounds midieval, but if they think they can keep coming in, the sonsofbitches must pay.

I wouldn't get your dogs involved. They may get hurt from these folks or worse yet poisoned.
    1994 Chevy K2500 Silverado, 454 (modified), original owner.
    And other vehicles and toys.

"...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
    And treat those two imposters just the same;
    ...you'll be a Man, my son!" Rudyard Kipling

@Pikey , I am just wondering, what did you do if anything? I know you had some crazy advice here that Iím sure you did not do but there were some good ones as well.
    Tim Walters (Curky)

Wrangler AT/S 265/70R17 - Trail-FX window vents - Husky fitted splash guards - Silver Star zXe - Leveling kit -

I hate thieves but especially out here in Kalifornia any of those suggestions would get you thrown in jail and sued (even though they are all good suggestions)
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

Master Mechanic

yeah, no trespassing around the area are a big plus if the law gets involved. around here somebody was vandalizing someone's property. The owner came out with a loaded shotgun and said get off or ill shoot. They thought he was bluffing, so he injured the one. Since he had tho no trespassing signs he was let off.
    Objects in mirror are losing

2003 Chevy Silverado Z71, 5.3L, K&N 57 series, 2.5'' Flowmaster Super 10 series dual exhaust , Corvette Servo, McNew Automotive Dyno tune, SS gauge cluster, Extang Trifecta Tonneau, Pacesetter shorty headers, Goodmark cowl hood, Sony Xplod speakers, Kenwood DDX-470 exhaust tips, 16" Ultra Badlands polished wheels, Pirelli Scorpion ATR .

Always consult law enforcement and zoning laws before losing your edge.
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 ext cab.4x4
    72 Monte Carlo 350-415 hp- sold (June 2011) to pay medical bills
    79 Impala 350 4bbl 375 hp- sold (June 2011)to pay medical bills
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

"If He asks you to go a mile go two"

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456