GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

I've always really liked those old Suburbans, especially with some tasteful mods! Very jealous!
    2005 Chevy Silverado W/T
    4X4|4.8 with some mods (has only slightly more pull than a 5.3)|Auto|4 door ex cab|Cooper Discoverer AT/3's in 285-75/17's on Helo 842's|Cooper Discover M+S 265-75/17's on Devino DV349's|Flowmaster 40 Single in Dual out with custom bent pipe from the end of the cats back|2" Procomp leveling kit|Custom made center console|Custom dyno tunes|Air Raid CAI|Air Raid Throttle Body Spacer|Apex brand topper|Kenwood Head Unit with Kenwood speakers|Painted mirrors/grille|Debadged except front emblem|Bilsteins front and rear
    Planned mods not in order
    2 inch lift|Custom front/rear bumper|hitch tire carrier|roof basket on topper, bars on cab|finish center console build|install Midland CB|Power options|Tint|Custom made raised bed in the bed of the truck|Lund LunarVisor
    Also have a 1992 Ford Ranger with a lot of stuff done to it. Currently waiting for a bit of a rebuild.

"The only woman I'm pimping from now on is Sweet Lady Propane. And I'm tricking her out all over this town."

Thanks again yall.

Here's what I got so far. 4" front springs, 4" ORD rear shackle flip w/NOS spings,14B SF 6 lug rear with detroit locker, 4.56 gears, 35x12.50s, new headliner, new rubber mat instead of carpet kit, headers, true duals, and a cowl hood. After I get it riding right, I plan to do the body work and give it a paintjobs. I'm hope this will be a fast budget friendly build.

Where'd you get the new headliner? I've looked around a bit and the retro fit ones tend to be a bit pricey. :-/

Quote Originally Posted by Ape View Post
    Where'd you get the new headliner? I've looked around a bit and the retro fit ones tend to be a bit pricey. :-/
    One of the guys I ride Jeeps with owns an upholstery shop. If I take it down and clean the headliner board of the old stuff, he'll put material on it for the cost of the material and 20.00 bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by 07XCSB View Post
    One of the guys I ride Jeeps with owns an upholstery shop. If I take it down and clean the headliner board of the old stuff, he'll put material on it for the cost of the material and 20.00 bucks.
    I know I don't know you......But I now hate you! lol

I know I don't know you......But I now hate you! lol

Take down your headliner board and clean the old crap off and call a couple of local shops to see what the will put new material on it for you. They shouldn't charge to much.

Quote Originally Posted by 07XCSB View Post
    Take down your headliner board and clean the old crap off and call a couple of local shops to see what the will put new material on it for you. They shouldn't charge to much.
    To be honest I thought about an upholstery shop, but I made the assumtion that it would be as expensive or more so than buying the retro stuff from the aftermarket company's. So instead I just planned on buying some material and doing it myself to see how well it comes out. But now that you mention it, I guess I could make some calls and see if my assumtions were wrong.

To be honest I thought about an upholstery shop, but I made the assumtion that it would be as expensive or more so than buying the retro stuff from the aftermarket company's. So instead I just planned on buying some material and doing it myself to see how well it comes out. But now that you mention it, I guess I could make some calls and see if my assumtions were wrong.
    According to Ken, Taking it down, cleaning up the board,and reinstalling is the expensive part. I will let you know how much material was needed and the cost of the material next week, to give you an idea on cost for yours.

Sounds good, thanks 07!

Good lookin burn I'm picking up a 65 burb on Friday for my next project
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast