GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 3 123 Last Post byLast Post by

Default My new 1300 dollar Burban!

I picked this bad boy up today. She is an 89 1500 4x4 Suburban. 78k miles, power everything that works, front and rear AC that works, CC,and 3rd row seat. She has a few dents and bondo in the driver door, but solid as a rock! Not the tinyest bit of rust in the floors, rockers,fenders, of quarters. It had a little bit of surface rust on the roof,but it got sanded down and primed. Not to bad of a score, I think.

On with the pics.

these are crappy cell phone pics, I'll take some better ones after I clean it up.

Sweet score! It looks rather thirsty, though!
    "It went together didn't it? Well then there has to be a way to take it apart!" - Me.

Check out my image gallery HERE.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good." ~Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)

Master Mechanic

can't wait to see her all cleaned up, I think she went to a good home! Lots of room in that mobile and looks to be in decent shape, congrats!

Its even got the woodgrain dash like the LTZ packages. Good job!!

2011 Silverado CrewCab 5.3L*Ram Air Look Cowl Induction Reflexxion Hood*6" Pro Comp Lift*Flowmaster Dual exhaust*Perfect Launch Rear Diff. Cover*Led Smoke Taillights*L.E.D.Smoke 3rd Brakelight*60" L.E.D. Tailgate Bar*Rearview Mirror Reverse Camera and Sensors*Smoke Headlight Covers*Front Bumper Grill Insert*Deezee Black Alum. Diamond Rail covers*20" Ultra Motorsports Rims wrapped with 35.5"B.F. Goodrich Tires*Inchannel Raingaurds*CAI*Bullydog GT Tuner*Alpine Amp*Boss 6x9's*Boston Acoustic Subs*Terrantula Tweeters*Custom Sub box*Red Led Interior Accents*5% Ultimacool duo tint rear window and doors, 20% front doors*Custom Vinyl Graphics*Demolded*Debadged*Painted drums and calipers*
    Future Mods Include: Custom Interior Hydrographics, Electronic Rollup Toneau Cover, 4.56 Gears, Painted rear bumper

Good luck with it. I really like the 89-91 Suburbans. reminds me on my 91 Blazer. Damn I miss that truck.
    2004 Chevy Suburban 2500
    Banks Ram-Air Intake

1996 Dodge Ram 1500
    5 inch Suspension
    2 inch Spacers
    3 inch Body
    37x14.50x15 Toyo M/T

NICE score! I got mine for free from my best friend, but it was in MUCH worse shape than that!

Thanks Y'all. I think it'll be a fun truck to bum around in after a few mild mods.
    @moogvo ,It's not to bad on gas, it got about 14-15 the 180 mile trip back home. Only used 12 gals and thats on 2 lane country roads. I was surprised.

Legend

Blog Entries

Looks like you got a great deal...I especially like the low miles.

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

Looks great for the price.
    I always liked that year best because of the grill.

Nice!

-J

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Page 1 of 3 123 Last Post byLast Post by